Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morgs View Post
    Seems like I’ve hit a nerve.
    I’ve just been advised against getting a 1.9 and if possible go for the 1.9td or 2.5tdi

I know someone with a 1.9 who had told me to get the td, I also know someone with a td who says if they were to buy again they’d look for a tdi, I’m just following their advice as it’ll always be a nag in my head if I get the 1.9
    Nope no nerves hit ... tdi conversion is the popular choice for if the 1.9 td goes tits up , injectors an upgraded Ecu and they hit 120/130 bhp ... 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Nope no nerves hit, just remember I have a tweaked 1.9td and the bro in law has a 2.5tdi and my td will out accelerate his 2.5 and also sit at the same top end if not a little higher. Also my td will run with chip oil his won't,
      It may be worth driving a tweaked td and a 2.5 (remember the 2.5s come in a few guises)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• If your desire is to be more hands on and you wish to maintain your own van then a 1.9TD ABL would be the best choice. Minimal electrics / sensors / no electronics other than the cluster. The engine is over engineered and designed for the additional torque of turbo charging. The injected fuel was always an environmental condition and the ABL a transition engine towards it. 100 bhp per litre is easily achievable. Buy a good chassis, bodywork & paintwork. It will give you peace of mind for the years ahead and allow you to concentrate on getting it running right, styled and setup for your new ownership& investment.

Comment

• I’ve mentioned I’d be happy with a 1.9td. It’s just then non turbo I’m not too keen on

Comment

I’ve mentioned I’d be happy with a 1.9td. It’s just then non turbo I’m not too keen on
            But the red one is a 1.9 tdi .. 90bhp standard , it’s an engine from a golf or passet , that’s why I posted it anyway like I said before I am sure the right one will turn up

Comment

• Originally posted by spedwing View Post
              But the red one is a 1.9 tdi .. 90bhp standard , it’s an engine from a golf or passet , that’s why I posted it anyway like I said before I am sure the right one will turn up

Ok, I misread the advert. I’m not being funny and appreciate the help

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                If your desire is to be more hands on and you wish to maintain your own van then a 1.9TD ABL would be the best choice. Minimal electrics / sensors / no electronics other than the cluster. The engine is over engineered and designed for the additional torque of turbo charging. The injected fuel was always an environmental condition and the ABL a transition engine towards it. 100 bhp per litre is easily achievable. Buy a good chassis, bodywork & paintwork. It will give you peace of mind for the years ahead and allow you to concentrate on getting it running right, styled and setup for your new ownership& investment.
                Thank you

Comment

Ok, I misread the advert. I’m not being funny and appreciate the help
                  🤙 no worries

Comment

• Still lurking. Making my way through build threads. Think I’ve seen damon, cheeseman, s49 a few more I’ve skimmed too. Damon, love the inside of your van mate, was planning something similar if when I get mine.

Anymore builds I should see?
                    Last edited by Morgs; 26 June 2019, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Cheers mate very kind has been Abit of a learning curve never done one before lol
                      And still tinkering with it now [emoji106]
                      Originally posted by Morgs View Post
                      Still lurking. Making my way through build threads. Think I’ve seen damon, cheeseman, s49 a few more I’ve skimmed too. Damon, love the inside of your van mate, was planning something similar if when I get mine.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

Still lurking. Making my way through build threads. Think I’ve seen damon, cheeseman, s49 a few more I’ve skimmed too. Damon, love the inside of your van mate, was planning something similar if when I get mine.

Dave Sausages , Thebigredone, there's loads ....

Comment

• New to the forum

Whoa there 2.4 skeptics!

Mine, with approx £300 and 6-7 hours work, will now see off transit customs and vivaro bitirbos with enthusiastic young lads in them! Whilst sounding a great deal better. It’s also a good deal stronger and more reliable than standard UK spec 2.5’s.

I seriously would not discount a 2.4 if the right one came up Morgs. In fact, if either of mine went wrong I would replace the 2.4 with like for like and convert the 1.9td to a 2.4.

Many consider the 2.4d to be the most reliable Diesel engine ever made/used by VW.

I will, however, agree on one point of regs, in standard form they won’t break and land speed records lol. But again, non standard is cheap and easy to achieve on these.

#vanlife

Comment

• Thanks, I’ll check those out next.
                            And yes there loads, good to see !

Comment

• Thanks tommy, I mainly didn’t want to go through the converting to turbo route. I guess there guides here for that though anyway. Thanks for the info mate

Comment

• Then Morgs, I’m afraid you may never feel the tremendous superiority of the 2.4td!

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X