Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morgs View Post
    You have a scimitar!? Nice
    I would tell you I have 3 but apparently that is band!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Morgs View Post
      That’s good Info, I’m all about keeping running costs down, It’s not going to be a daily and I’ve already got one money pit.
      Maybe I’ll look more towards the 1.9td or 2.4 for now unless anything stand out with the other engines comes along.
      Don't touch a 2.4 - hateful things. Noisy, slow old nails.

Conversion can be bog basic to get a ticket from DVLA.

No need for water.

Permanent cooking can be a single ring stove that looks like it's screwed down or a microwave in a cupboard.

I ran mine for 2 years insured legitimately as a camper whilst I did the conversion. Providing the conversion was underway, the insurance weren't bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
        Don't touch a 2.4 - hateful things. Noisy, slow old nails.

Conversion can be bog basic to get a ticket from DVLA.

No need for water.

Permanent cooking can be a single ring stove that looks like it's screwed down or a microwave in a cupboard.

I ran mine for 2 years insured legitimately as a camper whilst I did the conversion. Providing the conversion was underway, the insurance weren't bothered.
        Great, thanks. Stay away from 2.4 aswell then, I can’t be bothered with the talk and dramas of turboing that further down the line anyway.

I’ve got my Eye on a 1.9td at the mo, it’s got 200k on it, cupboards and bed but not registered camper. Hopefully can view it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
          The other thing that puts me off is people keep talking about smashing them in.
          I wouldn't want that to happen to me.
          Hahaha yea I could without that lol

Comment

What do we make of this

Comment

If that screens removed and the scabs done it'll be fine. Don't leave till you have holes. Done similar bits on our blue ones doors.

Comment

As you the cost, our inside set us back 80 quid for 4 way carpet 70 for rear seat and the rest is made up of swaps from the good folk on here. Not finished I know but you can have a functional day van for not a lot of money. Doh almost forgot 500 for two windows and black out barn door glass.

Comment

Thanks mate, that’s a great quick and helpful reply

I’m torn between continuing a hunt for a £2000 van and then starting fresh or this one I’m looking at.
                  Could I get all this for £1000? It already has the swivel twin front seat, re trimmed, bed, cupboards and leccy bits but it all needs work. It looks like a good base for me to rip out, clean, see what’s what and refit and then do my own floor etc and sort rust. It’s a 1.9td too. Looks a rusty beast tho
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-T4-1-9...7fe4%7Ciid%3A1
                  Last edited by Morgs; 28 May 2019, 07:24 PM.

Comment

What are they asking for that one?

Comment

£3500 or offer. I could low ball at 2800 maybe or go to 3

Comment

Any other pictures of the rust.

Comment

Have seen vans for sale that are well rusty but have all the camper bolt ins. Have to way up which will cost you more, conversion or rust repairs. me i'd go for solid van and build to my own spec.

Comment

Well well. Foxy Morgan. You been on here 2 mins and its the longest thread I've ever read [emoji1787]

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Just T4s

Comment

I think it looks reasonable for 3.5 as long as there is no major rot on it
                              I paid 3.5 for mine and it was just an empty van in the back but body wise was In good nick and solid

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                                Any other pictures of the rust.
                                Just of the rusty arches hastily repaired.

The more I think about it, I agree and know you’re right and I should concentrate more on a solid base van and forget what goodies it comes with.

Comment

Working...
                                X