No announcement yet.

Hi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When i say floor i mean the part where the fuel filter fits, couldnt think of any other way to describe it.

Comment

Hi all. Decided to start on the passenger door of the van. Thought a quick repair panel and some filler would do it but again more work than I thought! I have read somewhere that pre '96 doors have different hinges but wondering would a later replacement door be possible if I try to put the old hinges on a newer door? Not many doors available this far west, especially decent early ones! Can have a go at re building the inner skin of the door back but if there is an easier option then please let me know. Thank you very much
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 9 photos.

Comment

Earlier Doors are different. Not sure how involved it would be to swap. Weld on hinges but I don't know if the hinge is welded to the pillar or door, or both. Benf will know his is early.

Comment

Cheers Si.

Comment

Hi. Steve. You will be better off scrapping that door. Try this place sure he will post it
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
              Earlier Doors are different. Not sure how involved it would be to swap. Weld on hinges but I don't know if the hinge is welded to the pillar or door, or both. Benf will know his is early.
              The early doors are weld on the pillar and bolt to the door. Dunno how it would be to swap early to late

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

I suspect they may be different how they bolt to the door or it wouldnt matter. I think you would need the hinge with the later door and weld that to the pillar, All doable.

Comment

Hope this helps.

The B pillar door frames for the 93 T4 and a later (I used a '99 and '02 to compare) are identical. So, I take that as a positive!

The part numbers of the '93 and later doors are different but DO follow the model and revision process. You should be able to reuse the '93 hinges as it's two parts pinned together. The diagrams do not show any changes to the door fixing points. The hinges part numbers only show the early to later model change ie 701 to 7D0.

The door hinge bolts are similar.
                  The '93, N90594502 M10 x 27
                  The '99 & '02 N9061901 M10 x 30

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

Thanks all. I think I'll try and fix the door. Trying to sort the van as cheap as possible! If I mess it up I'll cut a later door to make one good one that will fit without messing with hinges. I'll post some pictures once I've finished. Cheers

Comment

Benf had a pair of later doors and reckoned they didn't fit. If it was a case of leave the hinge on the van and change the door that would of come up in conversation you'd think. I'm sure the late hinge could to welded to the pillar if there isn't the access to bolt em in the pillar.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                        Benf had a pair of later doors and reckoned they didn't fit. If it was a case of leave the hinge on the van and change the door that would of come up in conversation you'd think. I'm sure the late hinge could to welded to the pillar if there isn't the access to bolt em in the pillar.
                        Yeh, it would be good to hear Ben's experience. Might be here already but not looked.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

Ben had a pair of later doors he did offer them to me as he didn't think they'd fit. I really should have a nose round an early van so I'm not talking out the top of my hat.

Comment

Si. The early doors are definitely different

Comment

Yes the hinges position is different, luckily I found a pair of solid early doors when mine were shot

Comment

Originally posted by Benf View Post
                                Yes the hinges position is different, luckily I found a pair of solid early doors when mine were shot
                                But could they be made ta fit?

Comment

Working...
                                X