Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

Hi all. Might be making a purchase of a t4 off a neighbour soon so just doing some research. Another forum member reccomended this place. Its pretty original so wouldn't want to mess with it too much may be have the underneath all done with dinitrol and maybe put some solar panels on the lid to keep the batteries topped up. Know naff all about elecs or mechanics but ive already sussed you need a big panel to keep the batteries topped up in winter. We also have a 97 e36 as our car.
    Jim

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Jim, looks good.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome aboard.
        Tell us more about the proposed (?) purchase.
        Engine, mileage & service history, previous issues, noise etc.
        Gearbox, as above.
        Bodywork & surface rust indicators
        Chassis and rusting.
        Electrics
        Is it a 95 or 96? It's a model x-over year.

Lots of help on here.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

Dont want to jinx it yet. I'm going to offer him tonight. He's been told 14k upwards by vw where he has the work done but I'm not quite happy at that figure.
          it's a 95 1.9 with 59k miles

Comment

Probably worth that today with that sort of mileage, service history and condition. It's a dated look imo and will need additional investment.

BUT

You can buy a lot of top spec and condition T4s' for that sort of money that maybe more modernised and styled. The high top 'might' restrict access to some coastal sites , beaches , car parks etc too.

Best of luck.
            Keep us posted.

Comment

What additions would you be thinking? I'm not too fussed on the styling. The hightop restrictions is a good shout. Apparently it's the least desirable engine too? I think the condition is good for year no mention of corrosion on any mot previous.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxdog View Post
                What additions would you be thinking? I'm not too fussed on the styling. The hightop restrictions is a good shout. Apparently it's the least desirable engine too? I think the condition is good for year no mention of corrosion on any mot previous.
                There are always personal taste add-ons.
                Wheels, tyres and ride height.
                Tweaking the pump to get it to go.
                Upgraded sound system and touch screen TV's.....

Then there's the woman's touch to be factored in....

Aged 25 year old seating / 90's bed foam panels with dated cloth coverings. Laminated wood work, 12v electrics that may need upgrading to LED. A fubar leisure battery, sockets and switches that look shit. A crap fridge with yellowed plastics and the retained smell of aged gorgonzola.

Comment

Hi. He might of been told 14k but that is only verbal. Bit on the steep side for that year. Only pay what you can get away with. Goi in with what you will be happy to pay and adjust if necessary

Good luck

Comment

I thought it was heavy looking at comparables. Just popped round but they weren't in. Got a couple pics bottom windscreen
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Hello and welcome.

Comment

Cheers

been round and seen them tonight. Within the last few years it's had new cam belt at local garage then water pump done at vw and by the sounds of it cracked head done at vw. They've got the paperwork which we will have a look at when I test drive it. I was happy when she mentioned the cam belt and water pump but the cracked head has got me a bit unsure. I'll have to look at the paperwork but I'm presuming vw main dealer wouldn't have bodged it. Would this put anyone else off?

Comment

If it’s just a 1.9 it will be flat as a fart , and the rust around the screen will need sorting ASAP , thats big money at 14 k and you could get a lot more

Comment

I think I could get for around the 10 mark

Comment

Hi. The cheaper the better. But look at the things you need. Do you need the hightop. And test all other things like. Fridge. Hob. sink taps. Water heater. Leisure battery and electrics. 240 electric

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X