Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in the North East

Hi All,

I’m Andy from Durham, I have just bought my first T4.

She is a 2001 SWB 2.4 Panel Van, bought with the intention of converting to a camper, she travelled the whole 480 mile journey to her new home yesterday without missing a beat!

She isn’t the most beautiful of things certainly the sorta thing only it’s owner would love and she has many problems and having spent her life living by the sea the tin worms have had a good go,but you don’t buy a project that doesn’t need any work!

I have previously had many VW’s golfs, Polos, Passats, but this is the first van.

Any hints tips links for parts and accessories would be great appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Welcome aboard Andy.
    Enjoy the journey with us.

Comment

Ah be ya and a warm welcome from the shire. Next step? A build thread please.

Comment

Any questions just fire away.

Comment

Strip it out and access any rust, sort that(how hands on are you?) and go from there.A bare van that needs a bit of work is a better starting point than a shinney van with all the toys.

Comment

Nah,.... get a couple of dry run camps in 1st before the weather sets in. It'll help with putting your plans together. Forget the toys and barbie kitchens, just use it and read a lot. Lots of deals around at Xmas/NY so save and buy when discounted.

Comment

Yep Rob thats what we did.And still doing to a degree. Heading out later to a certain spot.

Comment

Hi Andy.
                Welcome

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Just T4s

Comment

Welcome Andy

Comment

Hi. Welcome along.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Ah be ya and a warm welcome from the shire. Next step? A build thread please.
                      So my next step is to get it through a test so it will be getting the sills, rear arches chopped out and weld in new, I’m replacing the front wings any dings dents will be repaired.

It needs the door handles sorting, a few little bits and bobs but I’m going to take it back to the basics and do it right.

I’m very hands on so will complete most of the work myself, possibly get one of the lads at work to do the respray for me.

I will post as it make progress!!

Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                        Nah,.... get a couple of dry run camps in 1st before the weather sets in. It'll help with putting your plans together. Forget the toys and barbie kitchens, just use it and read a lot. Lots of deals around at Xmas/NY so save and buy when discounted.
                        So I have a rock and roll bed, and some form of interior units, a dometic hob/sink and a truma fridge, it’s got a leisure battery but the interior has just been done so cheap and I hate it.

Looking for windows for the sliding door and the opposite panel anywhere good for these?

Comment

Yep Rob thats what we did.And still doing to a degree. Heading out later to a certain spot.
                          That'll help with the recovery Si. Paddle boarding???? Enjoy bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            That'll help with the recovery Si. Paddle boarding???? Enjoy bud.
                            No Rob just chilling by the van in a couple a chairs in the dunes. Not up to watersports just yet but we'll get there

Comment

No Rob just chilling by the van in a couple a chairs in the dunes. Not up to watersports just yet but we'll get there
                              Is it busy there?
                              Mrs tells me the M5 is chokka!
                              A little R&R and a couple of Mollys' salads will have you skinny dipping at midnight. Odd how you tested negative bud? Or did I read that wrong?
                              All the best to you both.

Comment

Working...
                              X