Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers

I picked up my t4 yesterday. I noticed the sound on the passenger side wasn't great so I popped off the grills. The drivers side is the original speaker and works perfect. The passenger is a alpine speaker and doesn't seem to have any base to it. Not sure what the problem could be if anyone could help

Sent from my SM-G986B using Just T4s

This is the speakers

Attached Files

Comment

They're 4cm speakers in the dash with no acoustic chamber, of course they won't have any bass!

Spend £100 on a underseat sub and £25 on the speakers on the dash, and configure the head unit not to put any bass to the speakers on the dash, then you might be able to hear the radio on the motorway.

Comment

No it literally has nothing except a really tinny sound. The original one sounds absolutely fine.
        Originally posted by d-9 View Post
        They're 4cm speakers in the dash with no acoustic chamber, of course they won't have any bass!

Spend £100 on a underseat sub and £25 on the speakers on the dash, and configure the head unit not to put any bass to the speakers on the dash, then you might be able to hear the radio on the motorway.

Comment

It's knackered, put a pair of new speakers in....Maybe wiggle the wires on the back first thou

Comment

Two 4” speakers will never sound any good lol I swapped mine for some half decent quality ones and then stuck a pair of 6x9’s under the seats in the work van. The head unit is programmed for the speaker sizes and although the exhaust is louder than a woman who’s birthday has been forgotten, I can hear my stereo fine at any speed/conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
            #vanlife

Comment

Top tip:

If you ask audio questions on a forum and someone mentions 6x9s you know you can disregard anything that person ever mentions in regard to audio setup.

As the grown-ups have mentioned, fit some decent speakers in the dash (fix them down, dont just place them in the hole) and then fit amps, proper speakers and a sub.
              It wont win any prizes but an active sub is a cheap and easy way to get a decent sound setup in the T4, sound deadening is a must if you are serious.

Oh and the woofer coil has gone on your alpine, probably bin fodder.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I will start with the new dash speakers and go from there.
                Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                Top tip:

If you ask audio questions on a forum and someone mentions 6x9s you know you can disregard anything that person ever mentions in regard to audio setup.

As the grown-ups have mentioned, fit some decent speakers in the dash (fix them down, dont just place them in the hole) and then fit amps, proper speakers and a sub.
                It wont win any prizes but an active sub is a cheap and easy way to get a decent sound setup in the T4, sound deadening is a must if you are serious.

Oh and the woofer coil has gone on your alpine, probably bin fodder.

Comment

PMSL!

Yes listen to Reg on this, he has copious experience with ICE from back in the days when he had bumfluff and a stereo system worth 6x more than the Nova he fitted it into.

#vanlife

Comment

Something like this under the passenger seat and a new pair of dash speakers will do the job https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-KSC...dp/B00BO8O9XQ/

Comment

Pink noise in pink noise out , quote ‘ Adam Rayner ‘ car hifi magazine , good mag that

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                        Pink noise in pink noise out , quote ‘ Adam Rayner ‘ car hifi magazine , good mag that
                        Car hifi magazine?!? That’s a completely new level of chavtastic gimpery. Being a Ford man I guess it’ll match the sun strip you’ll undoubtedly have in all of your shitty motors.

#vanlife

Comment

Sun strip?
                          What? Like top of the windscreen jobber?
                          Drivers side says Fruibat, passenger side says Tommy P?
                          Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Or is Fruitbat the passenger and tommy the driver? These are the questions we should be answering.
                            Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                              Or is Fruitbat the passenger and tommy the driver? These are the questions we should be answering.
                              Think they take turns in the drivers seat.

Comment

Working...
                              X