No announcement yet.

About to purchase a t4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm from Middlesbrough in the north east. Yourself?
    Originally posted by huskyman View Post
    Hi. Where are you based. Mine is a lwb in the same colour
    Sent from my SM-G986B using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by TommyP View Post
      They do say however that carburettor engines are best leave running for a few minutes in cold temperatures - not sure why, plenty have said it but maybe it’s bullshit
      Because they have a choke, so often not correct mixture until there is some heat in the engine. Also some carb'd cars needed exhaust heat to be fed back to the inlet to prevent icing.

I'm not sure if anyone else notices it with their T4's but mine feels slower until the glow plugs turn off. One evening I actually noticed the head lights got a little brighter and the engine was instantly more willing. That made me look into what was happening..it literally feels like a brake is dragging for a minute or so after a cold start.
      1999 2.5 TDI

Comment

Hello welcome and as above,
        Take the chrome arches off check for hidden rust (guess how i know bout that!!)
        Leave them off as they have a tenancy to promote rust
        As for police cars in the UK being modded in any way erm no
        They are as basic as basic can be and twice as rubbish!!! The peugeots we have at the moment have to be taken to the workshop and oil topped a couple of times a week and also have the engine warning lights re set due to the amount of oil they get through the cam oil pressure sensor runs dry and puts them into limp mode

Sent from my SM-G981B using Just T4s

Comment

Looks a nice bus. What's behind the chrome arch covers though t4's and rust go hand in hand worth checking before u buy

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Just T4s

Comment

Hi. Dan. I am from Essex a long way from you. Hope you enjoy it

Good luck

Comment

Working...
            X