best replacement for the rear shocks,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best replacement for the rear shocks,,

hi guys,,anyone help with recomending rear shocks with all the rubbers etc,,seen so many different prices dont know where to start....and do sliding door rubbers squueek ,,changed mine when bought as it was tatters and bought one from ebay,,could it be cheap rubber..any help please,,regards

There will be lots of answers for the shocks.
    All dependant on budget and if it's lowered etc.
    I have Vogtlands on mine with 40mm ISH lowering springs.
    Pop some more information on your post regarding ride height what you are carrying in back,full camper ? Empty ?
    What sort of ride you want.
    Someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly

Comment

Originally posted by Vannewyyd View Post
      There will be lots of answers for the shocks.
      All dependant on budget and if it's lowered etc.
      I have Vogtlands on mine with 40mm ISH lowering springs.
      Pop some more information on your post regarding ride height what you are carrying in back,full camper ? Empty ?
      What sort of ride you want.
      Someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly
      Wise words, mate.

Comment

ok guys,,new to this..its a 800 specila 2.5tdi..all its going to have in the back is a rock,n roll bed..small cupboard,leisure batery..i want a normal soft ride...any help please.new to t4,s

Comment

Sachs HD.

I may have mentioned these before....well priced, work well.

Comment

As above for a lowered stance.

Reads like you need to think about the ride height/looks then decide on a spring set plus front and rear shocks as - mentioned above - with the plans you have and the budget you can afford?

Not everyone wants to drop the ride height but instead ruggedise the look with more clearance and '4x4' styling.

Start a build thread, throw some pics up of the van and talk it through with us all.....

Comment

Sachs and pretty much every shock will work with standard and lowered vans.

It's only when you go really low (beyond 60mm drop) and have to start cutting chunks of metal out of the van will you need to look at short dampers and then I believe you only have one (poorly made/leaky/rust prone) option (Gaz)

Comment

I like my Gaz shocks and like Sachs offer 2 years warranty and are Tüv approved plus used to come in two lengths standard and short for low riding. Adjustable, rebuildable and uniquely for vans only ever made for the T4. A little more expensive than Sachs but look special fitted.

Comment

I'm still bumping around on standard shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                    A little more expensive than Sachs but look special fitted.
                    I give you 12 months tops before they are a rusty leaky mess with no damping....the anodize may last better than the old yellow painted ones?

Perhaps the new style made in china ones are ok, the old yellow made in GB ones were crap.
                    Last edited by regcheeseman; 11 February 2020, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

I give you 12 months tops before they are a rusty leaky mess with no damping....the anodize may last better than the old yellow painted ones?

Perhaps the new style made in china ones are ok, the old yellow made in GB ones were crap.
                      I've had these on for 7 years Reg. No leaks and adjusters are fully functional. Admittedly the vans not done a lot of mileage the last 2-3 years but adapted well as the rear loads have increased.

I love my Sachs HD's too!

Comment

Yea I have gaz on the front of my scimitar and they have been there for 8+ years and still functional and although dull the height adjusters even still work

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Ive just bought sach super touring for mine not fitted yet but read lots of great reviews and they look like a quality product.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X