Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wellingborough seems to be closest place with travel lodge/ premier inn set up. That sound right enough?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Buy a weekend ticket and camp using the forums pitch? I'll bring you a tent or bivi bag & mattress (as you prefer). I'm sure we can sort out a taxi ride in and out of the event?

Comment

I'd be up for camping but I very much doubt that Michelle would. Maybe 1 night but deffo not 2. It's a 6.5 hour drive so would need to stay the Friday also. I don't drink so I'm happy enough to drive to and from the event.

Comment

Originally posted by fife t4 new View Post
          Wellingborough seems to be closest place with travel lodge/ premier inn set up. That sound right enough?

You might want to think about booking it now if you need premier inn - could get busy/pricey nearer the time.

Its typically a 5 - 6 hour drive for me, traffic is a twat on that Friday, it's taken me 9+ hours before.

Return run is about 3.5 hours, but it is all downhill....

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

You might want to think about booking it now if you need premier inn - could get busy/pricey nearer the time.

Its typically a 5 - 6 hour drive for me, traffic is a twat on that Friday, it's taken me 9+ hours before.

Return run is about 3.5 hours, but it is all downhill....
            I'll take that advice and book it tonight when I get home. Can I still get tickets through the forum? Just not camping

Comment

I'll take that advice and book it tonight when I get home. Can I still get tickets through the forum? Just not camping

I've only made ticket enquiries as a forum Group buy, where a discount was offered for a single bulk purchase and forum distribution. Don't recall the ticketing options but think its a weekend ticket which auto includes a camping pitch and day tickets. Look on the site for info. I've had no response to the Group Buy post above but it was pre-Xmas and planning oftens starts later in the New Year.

Comment

Thanks mate ill look.

Comment

I meant the premier inn booking, not the VW action tickets.

Regarding the action tickets, it's probably cheaper for you to get a weekend pass, then come and go as you please, you'll be able to park with us then - if you wanted too.

Comment

That all sounds decent. Gonna book the accommodation and tickets tonight.

Comment

Weekend tickets bought and Premier inn booked. Looks like were coming after all.

Comment

Well done thats #17 on the list , albeit not camping this time.

Comment

Do we hang on for a group buy Activ - or just get the tickets now?

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                            Do we hang on for a group buy Activ - or just get the tickets now?
                            If we could get the numbers up by another 3 to 20 pitches I'd propose a Group buy? The saving would - if agreed - could be used for some forum banners / flags etc?

Comment

Did I jump the gun then?

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                                Just a quick update on the ticket front.
                                I've had a good chat with the organiser this morning. The tickets / e-tickets are all being arranged through Santa Pods booking and admin system. So we're approved for a discount - it was suggested 2 free tickets for 20 purchased.

Posting this has removed a ton of text, so give me 10 mins to retype it all.

The discount works on a bulk buy basis, which I'm happy to collect monies, pay and distribute - I suggest the end of March 2020 for monies in - if thats agreeable, however I've a few suggestions;

First , pay the full amount of £37 per adult (or more) and use the savings for either;
                                1. A Forum Camp Flag(s) / Bunting etc.
                                2. Event memorabilia - sticker, T-Shirt etc
                                3. Kids Sugar Incentivised Games

Feed back please.
                                Action Tickets Group buy bump....
                                Last edited by Activ8; 28 February 2020, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X