No announcement yet.

@@@ Busfest 2021 @@@

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What sort a numbers came through the gate?

Comment

I just told her you don't like acronymns with feather boa's.

How did the van run on the way down btw?

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
        What sort a numbers came through the gate?
        Seemed like thousands. Far too busy for my liking. I’m genuinely not sure if I’d go again. Too busy and despite being a huge amount on, there doesn’t really seem to be much to do.

In the right company, like action 2019, it would be a great show.

There’s very little T4 stuff really, the odd cab carpet and a few other bits but the vast majority of the auto jumble stuff was T1/T2/T25. All the new shiny show offy bought not built shit being squarely aimed at the uninspiring T5/T6 rabble.

I took a considerable amount of cash with me and came home with a couple toys for the youngest lad, a £5 ‘vantastic’ hoody they wanted to shift at the very end for my eldest, a set of pedal rubbers I could have got cheaper from eBay and an exchange gas bottle for £30.

All vendors are the usual sheep raping types, you know the ones.

Show and shine had 5 mk1 golfs and then the rest weren’t my cup of tea. Sheep mobiles.

The syncro obstacle course was good but 15 minutes of something interesting didn’t make up for the rest of it. Again, with the right company, it would have been a totally different kettle of fish as you could share the experience with like minded folk. There’s only a very select few on here I would put in that category but you are one of them Si. You’d have loved the music on Friday night, it was all that mods and rockers style shite, like a ‘worst of the 80’s’ playlist . It was only missing The Smiths to complete the compilation of my all time most hated music but you’d have loved it to be fair and that’s not meant as an insult.

The pup had only just had his final jabs this week so we stayed out the way of people in the camping area. Only knew Ali who I haven’t seen a post from since action 19 and we didn’t speak to each other. They have a nice LT though.

Anyway, there’s my write up that you didn’t ask for.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
        #vanlife

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          I just told her you don't like acronymns with feather boa's.

How did the van run on the way down btw?
          PMSL! Probably best and I’m sure the snowflakes and internet police will come and get me during the night.

I’ll mention the drive in the build thread.

#vanlife

Comment

Cheers Tommy, i thought it may have been like that. Shame really, its 28 mile from us but just didnt fancy the crowds.

Comment

You expect lots of the older stuff. I upset the bloke that does Subaru engine swaps in 2019.The breaker from Neatherton in the Black Country was there that year, made it worth going as he dont scene tax like those wankers Calicampers or their flea bay anypartforanyt4.Just wish i hadnt lost his card as hes an hour from me, Like Andreas said its like be charged to go into a shop.

Comment

Cheers Tommy, i thought it may have been like that. Shame really, its 28 mile from us but just didnt fancy the crowds.
                In which case you were right to stay away. Wasn’t to bad for the first half hour as the sheep were slowly flocking in and then it got quieter later on.

#vanlife

Comment

You expect lots of the older stuff. I upset the bloke that does Subaru engine swaps in 2019.The breaker from Neatherton in the Black Country was there that year, made it worth going as he dont scene tax like those wankers Calicampers or their flea bay anypartforanyt4.Just wish i hadnt lost his card as hes an hour from me, Like Andreas said its like be charged to go into a shop.
                  Yeah they were there. Absolutely zero interesting parts on their stand. Door handles and other random crap you’ll never want and it was manned by mainly spotty teenager looking types that probably drives mk7 golfs or BMW 1-Series.

Yeah I expect a fair amount of older stuff and those being the majority but there didn’t seem to be all of fuck all T4 stuff which surprised me. I find it very strange as the vast majority of camping vehicles seemed to be T4’s. I first noticed the vendor interest waining a couple years ago when a big one just up the road from me started sticking T4 stuff up as clearance with a view to discontinue. Madness

#vanlife

Comment

I still sorts a missed it mind even with my moaning about.Did Vdubs In The Valley in 2019 between Bridgenorth and Skiddyminster, little show and Sunday was free on Saturdays ticket.And i got the bits i couldnt find at Busfest the week before. It was just a glorified gig mind with loads of bands but i liked it. Benf camped but you werent allowed in the camp if you werent camping your self.

Comment

Just checked, its on next weekend. Do i dare go, have i a gas mask, now i'm a dither as to should i go.

Comment

Been told "your not going" that would have been red rag to a bull for old Si but i just cant be bothered.

Comment

I’m busy or I would have gone for that based on what you said even if only for the Saturday. Got far to much shit on and desperately trying to find the time to get my garage up before winter.

#vanlife

Comment

Did anyone go to Vdubs In The Valley?

Comment

Working...
                            X