Sent from The Alpine Express using Just T4s
    I’ll get the Mrs on it at once... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi all

Little updT

Comment

Lovely job.... [emoji122] Looks quite a snug fit on the roof? What's the plan with the additional headspace?

Comment

Looks great silver/black.Just remember it’s on there before you drive into a car park!!

Comment

Sleeping on the job in the second pic . Jokes aside it takes some balls too do it on your own , how’s it fixed to the roof ?

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              Lovely job.... [emoji122] Looks quite a snug fit on the roof? What's the plan with the additional headspace?
              Cheers mate, so the centre bit is just extra headroom, then storage at the back for the awning and shiz, and storage over the cab for plates, cups, pots and that kind of thing (like a big kitchen cupboard).

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                Sleeping on the job in the second pic . Jokes aside it takes some balls too do it on your own , how’s it fixed to the roof ?
                That’s my mate (he was supporting the cut out from underneath)... so yeah definitely a two person job and of course it didn’t properly fit so loads of up down and adjusting. Held on (I hope[emoji1787]) with Sikaflex 220 (which is the shiz apparently..).

Yeah I did think ‘what am I doing as I cut the bloody great hole in my lovely van... but I’m pretty pleased with the result..

Comment

Nice job . What did you use to stick it down to the roof. ? And how much was the overall cost as it's been painted black, don't they come white as standard,. Big pat on the back for the job done it looks well ,

Come rain or shine I'm out in mine!!

Sent from my Nokia 5.1 using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles02 View Post
                    Looks great silver/black.Just remember it’s on there before you drive into a car park!!
                    I wasn’t sure about the colour when I ordered it but I think it worked out good..

Yeah I do keep thinking about that... I’m going to measure her up and make a reminder in the cab to try and avoid that disaster [emoji15]..

Comment

Originally posted by damien devil View Post
                      Nice job . What did you use to stick it down to the roof. ? And how much was the overall cost as it's been painted black, don't they come white as standard,. Big pat on the back for the job done it looks well ,

Cheers mate. Sikaflex 220; yeah I’m pretty pleased. Well it’s a black Gel coat (white would look tonk and I’ve never seen paint want to stick to GRP) and lay so cost an eye watering £240 extra [emoji15]. Total cost (colour, polish and delivery) an uncomfortable £1000 so not cheap; but I’m fairly pleased [emoji2]..

Comment

A few more pics...

Comment

I’ve never liked the look of high tops but this one looks great. Will definitely consider this against a pop top now.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                          #vanlife

Comment

Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                            I’ve never liked the look of high tops but this one looks great. Will definitely consider this against a pop top now.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                            Have a look at Shapes GRP mate...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisT4 View Post
                              Cheers mate. Sikaflex 220; yeah I’m pretty pleased. Well it’s a black Gel coat (white would look tonk and I’ve never seen paint want to stick to GRP) and lay so cost an eye watering £240 extra [emoji15]. Total cost (colour, polish and delivery) an uncomfortable £1000 so not cheap; but I’m fairly pleased [emoji2]..

Thanx , where did you get it? Was it the one on eBay, I think a 1000 pound well spent, considering the cost of a pop top, you've had a good deal their, and looks great ,

Comment

Originally posted by damien devil View Post
                                Thanx , where did you get it? Was it the one on eBay, I think a 1000 pound well spent, considering the cost of a pop top, you've had a good deal their, and looks great ,

Yep, http://www.shapesgrp.co.uk/ are the guys.. advertised at £600 but that’s if you are picking up a white one from their place .., yeah much cheaper then a pop top and you get a load of storage if you leave some roof (although I’m expecting the fuel efficiency to go through the floor).. [emoji1787]

Comment

Working...
                                X