No announcement yet.

Run The Ring. Brum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Si. We had six last year in Canvey and only 3 from Essex.. On the other forum the Essex meet never had anything less than ten

Comment

Was there a split between 2 forums then? I posted in another one when originally seeking info on that t4. Got a few replies but someone pm me and advised that this place is ok with decent folks. Not seen that person here though unless has different user name?

Comment

Originally posted by Roxdog View Post
        Was there a split between 2 forums then? I posted in another one when originally seeking info on that t4. Got a few replies but someone pm me and advised that this place is ok with decent folks. Not seen that person here though unless has different user name?
        Was it Regcheeseman ?

Comment

Hi. No the vw t4 forum. Had a meet once a month. Always had at least 10 vans. Sometimes double that. But it went all T5 an 6.Not been on there for at least 3 years now

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

Was it Regcheeseman ?
            The Caddy bloke isnt he?

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post

The Caddy bloke isnt he?
              No he's the crabby bloke. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Roxdog View Post
                Was there a split between 2 forums then?
                It was a really good forum at first but then it got too big, and too wide as it expanded to encompass the T5's and that was a mistake.

Then the owners decided to reward everyone for their contribution by making it pay to view - (dick move).
                Then they rolled back on that as it "took too much management", but it was too late, it was just shit by then... the T5 crowd were different and it showed.

Finally the owners sold it and took their money, now it's owned by some company that own loads of forums and will try to sell you shit.

It is actually still a good resource for info but I don't generally go on there anymore. I prefer this forum even though nobody knows anything useful.

1999 2.5 TDI

Comment

Cheers. I was a member of another forum not car related where I paid subs but kinda lost interest and have limited time nowadays. The other guy had a coachbuilt t4 too a clubman I think. Kev?

Comment

Originally posted by DubDick View Post

It was a really good forum at first but then it got too big, and too wide as it expanded to encompass the T5's and that was a mistake.

Then the owners decided to reward everyone for their contribution by making it pay to view - (dick move).
                    Then they rolled back on that as it "took too much management", but it was too late, it was just shit by then... the T5 crowd were different and it showed.

Finally the owners sold it and took their money, now it's owned by some company that own loads of forums and will try to sell you shit.

It is actually still a good resource for info but I don't generally go on there anymore. I prefer this forum even though nobody knows anything useful.
                    Hahahahahaha! “Nobody knows anything useful”

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                    #vanlife

Comment

I prefer this forum even though nobody knows anything useful.
                      I definitely disagree, and hey this Forum is miles better than the Other One, principally because it's smaller - this allows me to learn the foibles and prejudices of the major contributors and make due allowances when digesting their contributions. However it must be tough for some of the more established figures to have to repeatedly deal with the naive newbies like myself!

On a more positive note I invite anyone travelling to or through SW France next summer/autumn to call in - I have lots of outside space, a stunning southerly view over the valley below and the surrounding oak forests, and a large outside dining table, which makes up for the lack of formal facilities - no TV, internet or even a WC, but there is a hot outside shower. Dinner is on me! I'm roughly halfway between Perigueux and Angouleme. (I can also arrange for you to get a 10% discount on the expensive but oh so convenient ferries sailing from Portsmouth - please PM me anytime). Post-Brexit, and until my Irish Passport Application has been processed, I'm now currently limited to a 90 day max' stay and will not be finalising my dates until closer to July. It would be good to share a few bottles and put a few faces to names!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim24 View Post
                        I definitely disagree,
                        Jim, it was a joke...
                        1999 2.5 TDI

Comment

Jim, it was a joke...
                          Foible noted

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                          #vanlife

Comment

And if it all sounds a bit too basic and rustic, or you have teenagers, there's a discrete laid back campsite nearby (10mins drive away) on the River Dronne, with 'beach' and baignade sauvage, and also a small outside bar/cafe, together with a superb small live music scene through July and August on a Saturday evening until late, culminating in a free bowl of hot soup!

http://www.renamont.com/

Comment

Rustic is the default setting in the shire as is basic.

Comment

You can't beat an old fashioned Earth Closet

Comment

Working...
                                X