No announcement yet.

Meetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what usually happens, I've attended meets at Breen,Donny,Whitchurch,Canvey,Near Maidstone and Nottingham. Averaging about six vans as a rule. I'd love one at Ynaslas but a bit far west for most folk. I'll be there for three days from Monday if anyone wants to drop by.Being on the south edge of the middlands I'm happy to travel anywhere in a two to three hour radius.
    Last edited by S49; 3 August 2022, 02:39 PM.

Comment

We're away to Si.
      October would the best month for me.

Comment

Was thinking we could do with a midlandsish meet sept or October. Mind if anyone fancies one in their area I'm all ears as we love a ride out.

Comment

Si. Could do one down here. Try for a few more vans this time. The meets on the other forum once a month always had 15 plus vans

Comment

Another vote for the midlands

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
            #vanlife

Comment

How's about you all come a wee bit North for a change? Fairt to include the Scots?

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

Problem with meetings nowadays is the cost of fuel.
                That's why I think it's better to do them at or near holiday spots so you can combine the meet with a weekend break with somewhere interesting to see, maybe get to ride a donkey.
                1999 2.5 TDI

Comment

Haha, do we got more than 15 members? ;-)
                  Originally posted by huskyman View Post
                  Si. Could do one down here. Try for a few more vans this time. The meets on the other forum once a month always had 15 plus vans

Comment

There's a very small percentage that post mate that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by DubDick View Post
                      Problem with meetings nowadays is the cost of fuel.
                      That's why I think it's better to do them at or near holiday spots so you can combine the meet with a weekend break with somewhere interesting to see, maybe get to ride a donkey.
                      Never worried about cost of fuel .I don't look at the pump prices. If I want to go somewhere I just go.

Comment

Make sure it's a big enough meet site for me to ditch my non-T4 at an angle. Preferably nothing with bay lines please. Ta!

Comment

Combining with a weekend away is usually out for me as our nights away are precious as we have to work round our disabled daughter but I dig what DD is saying. That why I'm off with me son and grandson next week and Molls holding the fort at home with Rose.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            Make sure it's a big enough meet site for me to ditch my non-T4 at an angle. Preferably nothing with bay lines please. Ta!
                            Whatever it is, I'm sure HM can arrange for it to be picked up and disposed of Rob

Comment

Originally posted by huskyman View Post
                              ...... The meets on the other forum once a month always had 15 plus vans
                              Surely it's a question of quality rather than quantity HM? Then there's the matter of authenticity?

I've mentioned previously why I moved from the other forum to here, and if you want big crowds there's always the big VW Shows, which I personally am most definitely not interested in. (As an aside, the VW Marketing Department must be absolutely delighted with all that free Brand promotion!!?).

By contrast I reckon 5-6 vans would be optimum. After all how many people can you satisfactorily get round a fire-pit, or TP providing a teach-in on the inner workings of a diesel pump?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim24 View Post
                                By contrast I reckon 5-6 vans would be optimum. After all how many people can you satisfactorily get round a fire-pit, or TP providing a teach-in on the inner workings of a diesel pump?
                                Interesting thoughts Jim, but you won't get 5--6 vans all the way around TP. Not unless you bury his torso with just his head and hair bun protruding above ground level!
                                Having W'app'd him before posting, he assures me his bun detaches (its named Mungo apparently) and it will be happy to provide the diesel pump breakdown demonstration , whilst TP's gigantic head provides the commentary. His only concession (TP's) is that he's allowed to vape, Mungo does have a VIP rider for public speaking but as yet its saying nowt.

Comment

Working...
                                X