None Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
    So, I think the lack of glow plug light was a redherring . Have noticed before that it don't come on when warm, is it ours or have other ABLers noticed this?
    On the 2.4, the glow is triggered by a thermoswitch on the coolant, if it's below a given temperature, it triggers the glow relay. I assume the abl is the same.

The fuseboard is a stock ce2, which was used on loads of stuff, there's a lot of info here: http://www.a2resource.com/electrical/CE2.html

If you need wiring diagrams, post up what year it is and I'll see what I've got tomorrow evening.

Comment

• Hmmm that's weird, cos mine comes on even when the van is red hot in the summer.

"Every day's a school day"

Comment

• Originally posted by d-9 View Post
        On the 2.4, the glow is triggered by a thermoswitch on the coolant, if it's below a given temperature, it triggers the glow relay. I assume the abl is the same.

The fuseboard is a stock ce2, which was used on loads of stuff, there's a lot of info here: http://www.a2resource.com/electrical/CE2.html

If you need wiring diagrams, post up what year it is and I'll see what I've got tomorrow evening.
        Tanks d.9 with fuse 15 replaced and the insulation repaired on the loom normal service has been returned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbungla View Post
          Hmmm that's weird, cos mine comes on even when the van is red hot in the summer.

"Every day's a school day"
          Because your temp sender is broke or the wire is - it assumes the engine is cold and give full glow.

There's two sender elements in the temp sender one for gauge, one for glow relay. (blu/wht and brown wires IIRC)

Comment

• Ah that makes sense! Cheers. I'll check those

Comment

• Just another little update, it was a bit woolly when first started from cold. Put a bit more advance on the pump. Then this morning it fired up a treat.
              Last edited by S49; 30 September 2019, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Has this now got the tweaked Reg pump fitted? If so, does it go a bit better now?
                Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• Yes Arf it rev's a lot free'r

Comment

• Found the reason for the "woolyness" on start up. It developed into it stalling/cutting out just after start up. Which over the last couple a days has got worse. Found that the fuel hose going from the filter to the tank, the one with the T piece for the return from the spill pipes in it was all perished and I guess leaking air as I noticed bubbles in the clear feed pipe to the pump.Have replaced this short pipe, got running and now left it till tomorrow night and see how it starts. Planning on replacing all the rubber pipes over the weekend now and soldering the temp sender multiplugs from the scrappy I got last week as the insulation is fecked on the ones on are engine loom.
                    Last edited by S49; 3 October 2019, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Replaced perished pipes at fuel filter, left out the plastic T piece for the spill pipes and instead used the return banjo off the Golf pump. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2740.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	268414Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2742.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	268415 Finally got my head around the idle adjustments, it really does go well now. Went up Clows Top in 5th this afternoon. Most on here wont know it, its a 90 left then a straight but steep 2/3's of a mile to the summit 30mph limit on the top so I wont say what the ole tub was pulling but the yokel at the wheel had a rather big grin on his ugly mug.
                      Last edited by S49; 5 October 2019, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• I also backed the fuel off half a turn as I was concerned by the amount of smoke it was throwing out. The backing off of the fuel has had no noticeable effect on it performance. I really need to measure the boost as I haven't a clue what its at. 4 turns up from standard.

Comment

Working...
                        X