None Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S49 View Post
    Cheers. Ouch is that cog supposed to be in 2 parts? At least it got there.
    Nope.

All fixed now.

I've booked on 48hr return to sprout house - hope that's right. The £200 insured return courier was 19.80

Comment

Oh - when I put the pulley back on the nearest I got was 0.89mm lift with the locking pin in and 1.05mm with the slop taken out of the locking pin. Ideally you probably want it somewhere between the two.
      So if you time it up with the crank mark a gnats cock away from the gearbox mark (BTDC) - we are talking about 1mm and don't preload the pump pulley like I normally tell everyone to do, you should be fine.

And you'll need my setup guide.

Comment

Its finished already? Yep that's dads address Spout House.. Do you want "Paypalling"? That will be a new one for me. PM me the cost and details.

Comment

Oh and of course a massive thank you. So 0.95 on the DTI? its a long time since that's been out the box.

Comment

I'd do it by the method above and ear - but if you want to go DTI that's fine as well.

Turn your boost up as well

Comment

I'll do it the way you recommend. Printed off the guide you kindly sent to the old chaps email. Very informative, must of flicked though it ten times already.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2420.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	267962 This came back today from its holiday in Devon. I half expected it to be engraved with a cock. Hope to find time to swap it back on over the weekend. Mind its 25 years since we jumped the broom stick on Saturday so Henry may get a bit of a bashing.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13342[/ATTACH] I half expected it to be engraved with a cock.
                  Damn - didn't even think of that.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13342[/ATTACH] This came back today from its holiday in Devon. I half expected it to be engraved with a cock. Hope to find time to swap it back on over the weekend. Mind its 25 years since we jumped the broom stick on Saturday so Henry may get a bit of a bashing.
                    Happy Silver Anniversarie for the weekend [emoji1317]🤙🏽[emoji1317]

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13342[/ATTACH] This came back today from its holiday in Devon. I half expected it to be engraved with a cock. Hope to find time to swap it back on over the weekend. Mind its 25 years since we jumped the broom stick on Saturday so Henry may get a bit of a bashing.
                      Shite that is getting sooo close for the boss and me [emoji54]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                        Damn - didn't even think of that.
                        Yeh right.... of course you didn't.[emoji6]

Comment

What better way to celebrate than fit the refurbed pump then drink the Shire dry. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            Yeh right.... of course you didn't.[emoji6]
                            I bet Reg's gone and done on it on the inside of the pump [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLeach View Post
                              Happy Silver Anniversarie for the weekend [emoji1317][emoji1687][emoji1317]

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s
                              Congrats Si! Good luck with the pump too.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

Comment

Haven't had chance to refit the pump Reg kindly rebuilt for me last week, I'm on the reserve pump I picked up from the breakers the day dad posted ours off to sunny Devon. Went up the breakers to get a rear wheel arch and sill cut for a 08 Passat. Asked Pete Moore if they had any Bosch mechanical pumps going cheap thinking it would be good to strip one to learn how to rebuild one. "There's but 2 in the whole yard Si" say he. One off a Peugeot 1.9td and one from a mark 3 Golf none turbo.What sort of money I ask. 30 pound says he.I'll have the golf one I replies. When I got home Mol suggested I drop it on and try it. After all she says theres nothing to loose, ours will be back next week or the week after. Dropped on and timed up but couldn't get it to bleed. She say fill it with a little jug out of the kitchen. Filled it via the hole for the return union and it fired up almost instantly. Shes not just a pretty face. Now it gets interesting. Put the rad back on and took for a spin. Wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding"Told ya it would be no good" I says. Anyway advanced the pump, it was a bit noisier had black smoke but still no go. Tried it the other way. Basically half a tooth RETARDED on the slotted pump pulley. It then went well. Next morning fired up well from cold with just a hint of black smoke.. I'm confused(not difficult I know) What have I got and what should I do? After Reg's sterling work breathing life back into our old pump I should put it back on and box the other up for Justin Case. Is the Golf pump over advanced some how inside, I don't know enough about pumps to have any idea. This pump has the electric cold start on the lever that sits against the idle stop which I've backed off on its little cable so it has no effect not wired up either. There is also what appears to be a temp sensor with 2 wires in the pump head where you would screw in your DTI to set up the pump. On the pump body at the bottom facing the cylinder block there is another 2 wire electric thingy held on with 2 screws where the ABL pump has the flange with the spring things under it. Also had to remove the mobilizer box to wire up the stop valve and the pump has a 98 date stamp.Thoughts please folks. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2377.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	267971

Comment

Working...
                                X