• Show
Clear All

• S49
    replied
    Ours will be back on the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• S49
    replied
    Mark 3 1.9d. I had the interior light off it last year. There was a loom to all the wires with a big push and twist multiplug. So is it a sort of half way house between an electronic pump and the old mechanical. Wondering whether to go and have a proper look at whats left on it and grab the pug one while i'm there.
    Last edited by S49; 11 August 2019, 08:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    Originally posted by S49 View Post
    Or that could be the cam? Me minds going.
    Sounds like the Golf unit has a few electrickery bits on board. Any idea which engine it's off as you could be heading back to get that too.....

Leave a comment:

• S49
    replied
    The reserve pump also don't appear to have the pin that everyone shortens or taps back just a bare spot on the casing. It has the one to the left of it.

Leave a comment:

• S49
    replied
    Just threw it on to try Rob. Throttle and idle levers all appear to do what they should.Wondered if the golf none turbo pump was somehow set up more advanced? I'm clueless with this.

Leave a comment:

• S49
    replied
    Or that could be the cam? Me minds going.

Leave a comment:

• S49
    replied
    Sorry Rob didn't read your reply properly yes I wondered if it may have that on and I think on the Pug it turns the same way as on the ABL. Not sure about the pulley Think the lock pin is in the same place but i'm sure I've used an 8mm bolt to lock off.

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    No diaphragm on the top of it(cause its a none turbo pump???). Pump mounted in the same rotation on the golf. I will swap over and put up for Justin. Its just puzzling why it runs so well retarded.
    I meant the pug 1.9td Si , I can see the Golf has no LDA!!

Could the old Golf unit be sticking or did you "service" it before fitting?
    Last edited by Activ8; 11 August 2019, 08:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• S49
    replied
    No diaphragm on the top of it(cause its a none turbo pump???). Pump mounted in the same rotation on the golf. I will swap over and put up for Justin. Its just puzzling why it runs so well retarded.

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    That twisted bare wire in the photo is temporary. And should I go back and grab the Peugeot pump?
    Depends if it's left or right handed Si but it should have an LDA on it I think?
    You need right handed iirc.

Leave a comment:

• S49
    replied
    That twisted bare wire in the photo is temporary. And should I go back and grab the Peugeot pump?

Leave a comment:

• S49
    replied
    Haven't had chance to refit the pump Reg kindly rebuilt for me last week, I'm on the reserve pump I picked up from the breakers the day dad posted ours off to sunny Devon. Went up the breakers to get a rear wheel arch and sill cut for a 08 Passat. Asked Pete Moore if they had any Bosch mechanical pumps going cheap thinking it would be good to strip one to learn how to rebuild one. "There's but 2 in the whole yard Si" say he. One off a Peugeot 1.9td and one from a mark 3 Golf none turbo.What sort of money I ask. 30 pound says he.I'll have the golf one I replies. When I got home Mol suggested I drop it on and try it. After all she says theres nothing to loose, ours will be back next week or the week after. Dropped on and timed up but couldn't get it to bleed. She say fill it with a little jug out of the kitchen. Filled it via the hole for the return union and it fired up almost instantly. Shes not just a pretty face. Now it gets interesting. Put the rad back on and took for a spin. Wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding"Told ya it would be no good" I says. Anyway advanced the pump, it was a bit noisier had black smoke but still no go. Tried it the other way. Basically half a tooth RETARDED on the slotted pump pulley. It then went well. Next morning fired up well from cold with just a hint of black smoke.. I'm confused(not difficult I know) What have I got and what should I do? After Reg's sterling work breathing life back into our old pump I should put it back on and box the other up for Justin Case. Is the Golf pump over advanced some how inside, I don't know enough about pumps to have any idea. This pump has the electric cold start on the lever that sits against the idle stop which I've backed off on its little cable so it has no effect not wired up either. There is also what appears to be a temp sensor with 2 wires in the pump head where you would screw in your DTI to set up the pump. On the pump body at the bottom facing the cylinder block there is another 2 wire electric thingy held on with 2 screws where the ABL pump has the flange with the spring things under it. Also had to remove the mobilizer box to wire up the stop valve and the pump has a 98 date stamp.Thoughts please folks. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2377.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	267971

Leave a comment:

• Jumbungla
    replied
    Originally posted by AndyLeach View Post
    Happy Silver Anniversarie for the weekend [emoji1317][emoji1687][emoji1317]

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s
    Congrats Si! Good luck with the pump too.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

Leave a comment:

• Jumbungla
    replied
    Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Yeh right.... of course you didn't.[emoji6]
    I bet Reg's gone and done on it on the inside of the pump [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    What better way to celebrate than fit the refurbed pump then drink the Shire dry. Enjoy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X