Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

Wales. .
    Ah yes, you need to up your hourly rate Kev or stop sitting outside B&M.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Ah yes, you need to up your hourly rate Kev or stop sitting outside B&M.
      I know mate , the shift in B&M went really well 17.00-20.00 suits me 5 evenings a week .

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

I know mate , the shift in B&M went really well 17.00-20.00 suits me 5 evenings a week .
        You're living the dream Kev!

Comment

Vw were way ahead of the game with on board diagnostics. I would have guessed it had a pair of 2 pin connectors not a obd, but would defo expect a diagnostics port. The old vcds k-line cable should talk to that

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            Where in this Country takes coins Jim?
            I find it difficult to imagine how we all coped in decades gone by without plastic cards and internet banking. Banks had restrictive opening hours, with little accessibility (if any) at weekends, but there were lots of Branches dotted around.

I do find coins useful for small transactions in local shops, and the shopkeepers generally appreciate it. Restaurant tipping too. Ice cream vans. The Homeless. I also need a coin for a clothes locker deposit at my favourite swimming pool. Having some odd coins stored onboard can come in very handy when you discover that you've forgotten your wallet. Or had my man-bag stolen.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	coinholder.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	342287
            These vans were designed for a mass market in the developed world, so maybe we need to consider other countries as well? Having cash has saved my bacon on more than one occasion recently at French Autoroute pay booths, when Gremlins can sometimes be encountered when paying with plastic - whether it was with the booth itself or both my plastic cards I know not. Then there's dashing into a village Boulangerie somewhere in the sticks to buy a baguette....

As an early 1990's design I would suggest that the lack of a coin holder was an oversight at the time? No-ones perfect. And everything changes.

Even today, I find one useful, but it would be better if it was built-in.

Comment

As a lifetime non-smoker, the ashtray has always been my stowage pot for coins. Valid point about foreign travel and coin usage abroad Jim., including Wales apparently.

Comment

Yep ash tray is for coins for me to. Don't like cup holders either, yer hand's for that.
                Last edited by S49; 25 May 2022, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I use the deep dash pocket to the left of the steering column as they rattle less in there than in the ash tray (but trickier to view and access) - the latter contains my new French plastic cards, one for accessing the local recycling centre in town, and the other for accessing the local householder interim bin emptying facility on the (ahem) main road in the hamlet.

The latter is new, reduces LA collection costs as there are now much fewer pick-up points, and monitors your usage, and type of refuse, but much more hassle for householders. The plan I suspect is ultimately one of charging individual householders for the amounts and types deposited, as promises have been made to reduce significant local umbrella taxes in the face of ever diminishing financial support from Paris. Sounds familiarish? It's the future.

The first things that hit me in my first T4 drive, was the comfort, the good vantage point, PAS, and a shortage of dashboard storage.

At least Tommy has been blessed with somewhere to store all his coins now

Comment

Originally posted by Jim24 View Post
                    At least Tommy has been blessed with somewhere to store all his coins now
                    If its used anything like his works van it'll be a recycling bin for Ginsters, Aldi and quotes in months, the stowed coin discovery will be for the next owner to find.

Comment

I plan to pour some more grunt into that bad boy. Already bought a turbo and manifold…..

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                      #vanlife

Comment

While stripping bits out of a 94(M) Golf mark 3 GTIi found the 16 pin obd port. So it must of been introduced earlier than i first thought.

Comment

Working...
                        X