• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant leaking

Hi everyone I have an issue I am new so please help

Originally posted by Russellelleby View Post
    Hi everyone I have an issue I am new so please help
    Lots of helpers here, ready williing and able Russell but you may need to elaborate on the problem and tell us about the van type.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

Hi. Welcome. Yeah we need details of engine size and the problem. Also we like to see pics of your ride

Comment

Hello and welcome, whats the trouble?

Comment

Hi everyone I have an issue
          Hi everyone I have an issue

Comment

T4 1.9 abl water is leaking from behind the cam belt cover near the cam pulley when I say leaking it like a small jet and this is with the engine cold and not running so it’s just the pressure from the header tank
            Now I know it’s not the water pump as that at the bottom but I think there is a core plug behind the cam belt cover on the head itself ? Has anyone else had this issue or if someone could shine some light on this problem
            The van runs fine no sign of water in the oil or oil in the water it’s a weird one
            Thank you

Comment

It does sound like a core plug. Not the worst things to knock out and replace. Can you shed more light on it with the cambelt cover off, how hands on are you spanner wise?

Comment

I am ok with the spanner’s and a bit concerned about doing timing belt but it don’t look to hard have you any tips ?

Comment

Theres a thread somewhere i think its Avancalledstans thread where he does the timing belt. I'll have a look later and bump it for you mate.

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X