Central locking gone loopy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central locking gone loopy!

Evening all, new to forum but have said hello in the newbie bit ;o)
    So not sure if right place to post but i am having a mare!, bought a `project` well running van and wasn't aware it had central locking `issues. In a nutshell it auto locks all doors as soon as i unlock with key fob, when drivers door is open it appears to be ok, as soon as i slam door shut it all self locks again? It gets better, if i leave drivers door shut and open passenger door and sliding door the locks go up and down continuously!!! Same when i get in to drive, it all locks as soon as door shuts! anyone able to shed some light on this? I gambled and bought two new front actuators, fitted earlier, they sound lovely but just go up and down quicker now! ;o) I am hoping that its just a matter of swopping out the rear and sliding door actuators or is it something more technical.......

I remember something about a broken spring in the door latch causing the door to lock itself. It may follow that if you have this fault and its locking the rest of the doors leaving you thinking you have a central locking fault.being a bit of a bumpkin in the sticks none of ours have posh central locking so not 100 percent the fault that rings a bell would effect the central locking but worth checking.

Comment

Sounds possibly like a failing solonoid in the drivers door

Sent from my SM-G981B using Just T4s

Comment

Make sure theres nothing out of alignment, the rods are clipped in the doors correctly and if the top door knobs aren't oem but flush types check for them fouling or creating a physical resistance when closing.

Comment

My moneys on the latch, Someone on here than this a few years back.

Comment

As Si said there's a little spring on the latch in the door, they break and cause what you have.
            You can buy replacement springs from a few places now.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Just T4s

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, it seems to be pretty much solid in regards to not dropping down on its own and since i changed battery in the fob it has nearly stopped? i am hoping that a new fob will solve the issue, it cant be the spring in my mind as its random? hopefully new fob may sort, at least the new actuators sound nice!!! ;o)

Comment

Fixed! only by having to crack on due to window staying down on way back from site. Door panel off, drop out leccy window buttons, had a mooch about and central locking locked, moved loom again and it unlocked, it was obviously a broken wire up by rubber boot, unwound all the factory black cable tape, found an absolute mess of broken wires (5) and others part gone (7). Not the greatest repair but it solved the window and the central locking issue within the hour! May look to get a loom made up or second hand one later in the summer but its all good for now! ;o) So def wasnt the pesky spring, or the two actuators i replaced, doh! ;o)
                Attached Files

Comment

Always great when folk update with a cured fault. Not sure how long those crimp connectors will last mind.

Comment

Hi. I had the same problem with mine. Leccy windows. All good now

Comment

I agree, its a temp fix until it fails again and i am forced to get second hand loom, just need to see how much dash would need to come off to plug it all in! i have seen looms for around £120 second hand online, but you may be buying with same fault as covered in black fabric tape. I had about 30mm to play before it disappeared into dash/rubber boot so may go and buy one of those proper connectors that you heat seal? main thing is that i have made broken wires longer so should have removed failure issue, VW shouldve given an extra inch of loom! ;o) Also i now know why leccy mirrors dont work (as van came with them) as previous owners have smashed them off and replaced with bog standard mirrors! plugs hanging in door...... ;o)

Comment

I was thinking more lengthen the wires and solder the joints.

Comment

Thats much better idea
                          , im sure i have solder kit in my shed (never used!) ;o) Im trying not to look at passenger door as prob the same, its a weekend job but never have weekends free!

Comment

Here are a few things you can try:
                            1. Check the battery in your key fob. If the battery is low or dead, the key fob may not be transmitting the signal to unlock the doors properly.
                            2. Check the wiring and connections to the central locking system. Make sure that all of the wirings is secure and that there are no frayed or damaged wires.
                            3. Check the central locking system fuse. If the fuse has blown, the central locking system will not function properly.
                            4. Check the door lock actuators. If the actuators are not functioning properly, the central locking system may not work as intended. If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may want to consider contacting a locksmith Palmers Green for further assistance.
                            Last edited by Adox; 17 January 2023, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X