No announcement yet.

1.9TD abl question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for personal library can somebody pm me that guide?

Comment

Originally posted by Andburg View Post
      Just for personal library can somebody pm me that guide?
      07511775385... ill whatsapp it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by T4vancalledStan View Post

07511775385... ill whatsapp it to you.
        In the 22 hours since you posted this I’ve added it to the back of 17 motorway service toilet doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
        #vanlife

Comment

Originally posted by TommyP View Post

In the 22 hours since you posted this I’ve added it to the back of 17 motorway service toilet doors.

18-17 to me!

Comment

thankyou gents and all for all the advice messages TP on wap cheers..so , being a timng belt complete beginner not wanting to faff about...
            so yesterday from10am untill 6pm i stood with a friend (74 year old diesel mechanic) we ballsed about got all the marks right, started WHITE SMOKE NO POWER, ajusted again and again same out come. i suggested a complete360 turn on the fuel pump and it worked no smoke no cold start lever NOT needed but wild loud almost knocking noise. lock the fuel pump sindle and adjusted the pulley so theres no adjustment left.. gave up for the day at least i could drive home..
            so now im more confident of the timing and a bit more knowledable as to what is actually happening, i think its about 1 tooth out, question is which way do i adjust the belt clockwise or anticlockwise and do i need to losen the crank bolt or just the cam pulley..

once again thanks to all who commented and especially Tommyp who in fact whatsapped with the link to regecheesecakes excellent how to
            Last edited by Marx; 11 April 2021, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Was too far retarded to start off with the smoke and now you’re too far advanced and getting furious diesel knock.

Just undo the 13mm bolts on the fuel pump sprocket with a 19mm spanner on the centre bolt and turn it anti-clockwise. Then do the 13mm bolts up and start it to test. So fast an easy you can do it on a tea break. Depending on how you’ve done the belt you’re probably not going to need to do anything more than this.

Nice one on changing your belt too, there’s absolutely nothing more I love to read than someone having a go themselves other than maybe Reg fucking something up, that’s just pure gold.

#vanlife

Comment

Thats it Tommy the more folk we encourage to do their on work the better.

Comment

Si. These guys lack in confidence. Not like us who do it or have done it for a living

Comment

losened the 13mm bolts today on pump pulley and maxed out the slots. Still too far advanced from sound of engine. Not driven it yet. if theres power loss back to drawing board this end.

Comment

Originally posted by Marx View Post
                      losened the 13mm bolts today on pump pulley and maxed out the slots. Still too far advanced from sound of engine. Not driven it yet. if theres power loss back to drawing board this end.
                      Just flick it round a tooth and retime it, not too much bother on an ABL. Get the bolts in the centre of the slots if you can then it can be tweaked easily. You’ve done all the hard work changing the belt and getting this far so when you get the pump timing right you’ll be feeling euphoria!

#vanlife

Comment

And if your still struggling trying to get it set the way you want it, could use a flat head screwdriver in at the tdc mark and adjust it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marx View Post
                          i suggested a complete360 turn on the fuel pump and it worked no smoke no cold start lever NOT needed but wild loud almost knocking noise.
                          What the feck would a 360 turn do, you are just putting it back where it was? except it sound like you didn't, you got it a tooth out, now it's too advanced.

Move the pulley back a tooth to gain adjustment.

If it wont time right on a preloaded pump shaft and locking pin, do as T4vancalledstan says and add advance by locking pump. undoing the 3 x 13mm bolts on the pulley (counterholding the main pump shaft) then move the flywheel through the inspection hole and then tightening up the 3 x 13mm bolts again. This way you can see how much advance you are adding in.
                          You do want some knock, it is a diesel and they like to be advanced.

Comment

Working...
                          X