Doka Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Bit late to the party here, didn’t realise you had a Doka Si! there’s lots of rare goodies to try and find for them!
    Have you Still got your beastie Dan.....?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Ross.b View Post

Have you Still got your beastie Dan.....?

I have Ross, it sits abandoned at my work. Was going to get a round to sorting it out but too many things have gone on and haven’t had chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Bit late to the party here, didn’t realise you had a Doka Si! there’s lots of rare goodies to try and find for them!
        Hi Dan, apart from the cargo bay i have all the Doka specific parts...............i think, have a gander at my Blindfaith 2 build thread. Itching for light nights so i can fire into it.Going for a dropside body with a canvas top and and awning out the left side eventually. Its having a 1.8t so i have half an eye on a sub 17 seconds at the Pod while theres no body.

Comment

• Sounds like a good project Si, I’ll have a gander at the thread.

Comment

• It'll take a while i spect. Bought in bits during the first lockdown. With it being "work" i was able to view and collect, May i think it was. The trip to Torbay to get a dash could have been pushing it mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
              It'll take a while i spect. Bought in bits during the first lockdown. With it being "work" i was able to view and collect, May i think it was. The trip to Torbay to get a dash could have been pushing it mind.
              Sorry I didn’t see mate as I have bits you could have had if I had seen you was driving down here!

Need to my ass on a bit more

Comment

• I may well be pestering you for pictures of the bits i'm not sure about.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                  I may well be pestering you for pictures of the bits i'm not sure about.
                  Anytime mate

Comment

• I see you have sliding rear windows, do they bond in the same as the solid ones? Did you build the van body on the rear?

Comment

• No they bolt through Si the same as ones you get in a velle, still fit in the normal opening though so no alterations needed apart from drill the holes for the bolts. They do specific ones whether it’s a opening door or fixed panel.

Unfortunately my fabrication skills are non existent so no I paid some one else who’s skills appear to be as bad as mine so it all has to come off and redone. Might go a different route with the back now though something timber based, not sure what yet though.

Comment

• Cheers. I thought drop sided back as that way i'm doing away with the arch rust traps.The cut off van type body must be some sort of work. it was only after i got ours i found out that type wasent a factory option.I'm a bit of a "train spotter" with T4's as a whole so you'll have to bare with me on my million and one question on the crew cab mate.

Comment

• You are indeed correct, never came from factory like it. I had to buy a complete van as a donor to cut rear off and weld back on.

There are a few ready made rear ends for them but they cost a fortune!!

Comment

• Ready made rear ends? I'll be making my own. Would love a nose around your doka mate. pirates allowing.

Comment

• Van style rear bodies, Wouldnt it be less work to cut down a rough van?

Comment

• Did they do a long nose doka from the factory? Me i like a short nose but i've seen a few with the long front and just wondered.

Comment

Working...
                                X