X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/vin/

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• One of the things i like about it is it gives you aftermarket part numbers if you hit the right button

Comment

• Brilliant,not sure if its the sort of thing an anorak like me should be left along with? I'll get the grown ups to keep an eye on me.

Comment

• It's not as descriptive as the proper etka, but it's a good resource.

Comment

• Had this in the garage today for mot. Its a 91 2.1 Danish import. Nice motor.

Comment

• Looks tidy that and they've copied where i'm going to put my spare wheel.

Comment

• Just about everything on it is new underneath. No prop shaft on it though. Mind you with current fuel prices I wouldn't either.

Comment

• I took the plunge and bought that dash cluster. We'll see......................

Comment

• I've found where the nipple on that support cable goes. Theres a key hole shaped hole in the chassis. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4848.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	826.2 KB
ID:	334724

Comment

• Si. It will all start to be obvious now you are making good progress

Comment

• Originally posted by marcushamblin197 View Post
                        https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/vin/

Marcus, that's the same site that I use to find part numbers, but you later say that it "It's not as descriptive as the proper etka, but it's a good resource".

I assumed that 7zap and ETKA were one and the same, but I would prefer better parts descriptions, so how do I find ETKA please? Is there a subscription payable?

Comment

• Jim if you Google etka you will find downloads, I haven't tried yet myself but if you find something good let me know. The proper version will be better.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                            Looks tidy that and they've copied where i'm going to put my spare wheel.
                            Are you going to fit metal hoops and a bespoke heavy canvas top cover over the bed Si? I can just picture it with pukka brass or stainless fittings - fab'.

Comment

• Not sure yet Jim, i've a few ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcushamblin197 View Post
                                Jim if you Google etka you will find downloads, I haven't tried yet myself but if you find something good let me know. The proper version will be better.

Yes Marcus, Etka does indeed have a different appearance from 7zap, eg:

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/etka/volkswagen/tr/

but whether it's more informative or easier to use I cannot yet tell...

Comment

Working...
                                X