No announcement yet.

Doka Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just did a couple of image searches and nothing comes up on Google!
    I'd guess a carpet edging clamp.

Comment

• Its looking like its something that got throw in with the Doka bits by mistake. I'd laugh if its the component thats stopping the bloke finishing his T5. I put it with the brake stuff as at a glance i thought it was a bracket with a cut off brake hose. But since i've accounted for all of that.

Comment

• The lever for the heat control is snapped on the doka heater control panel. The kits on sale dont appear to cover the type i have(same in S49 and the blue bus, i dont have a fully working one between the 3). When trawling through Ebay i came across a cheap Chinese knock off listed as Mark 3 golf.It appears identical to the T4 one down to the slot on the bottom for the recirculation switch. Worth a punt at 18 quid. Did folk know they appear the same as the Golf 3 control? I'd a grazed them off at our local scrappy over the last 3 years if i'd know, will bell em but i bet they've all been crushed over the lock down.
        Last edited by S49; 7 November 2021, 09:36 PM. Reason: Golf 3 not 4 doh!

Comment

• Si. I think we have a mk4 golf in the yard at work. What bit do you need. Got a pic

Comment

• Sorry Paul typo, should read Golf 4.

Comment

• Yeah si. Got a golf 4 in the yard

Comment

• Fuck i've done it again Three not four,its the Mark Three that appears the same as the T4. I'm bloody useless sometimes.

Comment

• Si. The mk 3 is getting a rare thing now

Comment

• Molly has a Corrado dash cluster in her bus. The doka has an iffy mileage read out. I've found a Golf 3 diesel clock set, it has the same plug as the doka. Question is will it work. It says its from a TD, will the rev counter work?

Comment

• Si. All you can do is plug it in and try it

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                        Molly has a Corrado dash cluster in her bus. The doka has an iffy mileage read out. I've found a Golf 3 diesel clock set, it has the same plug as the doka. Question is will it work. It says its from a TD, will the rev counter work?
                        In the main Si it will be similar.
                        It might just have the odd cable that needs to be relocated in the plug.

I might have the cluster pinout setup somewhere.

Cannot answer the mileage clocking question, never done that older unit bud.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

• Its only 30 quid so i'll have a punt. Not worried that much about keeping mileage right as it'll be new to me and i can count the mileage from when i fit it for the cambelt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            In the main Si it will be similar.
                            It might just have the odd cable that needs to be relocated in the plug.

I might have the cluster pinout setup somewhere.

Cannot answer the mileage clocking question, never done that older unit bud.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s
                            Thanks Rob, i have all the pin data for that era T4 as i "lost" the battery light not long after i got the van. Turned out to be the alt wire but the pin datas handy. Did shit myself when i removed the black casing off the multi plug as inside ALL the wires are the same colour grey(from memory), Amazing what i've learnt on here in the time i've had the van(s)

Comment

• Anyone got a part number for the top hat bushes that go in this? Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4837.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	672.7 KB
ID:	334293

Comment

• Anyone know where this goes, its on the front handbrake cable, some sort of support? Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4838.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	845.7 KB
ID:	334295

Comment

Working...
                                X