1.9d injection pump timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.9d injection pump timing

Hello can anyone describe or have a pic of the pump pulley locked so it can be timed up. I think I've got it but would be nice to be sure. Mines the type with the circle holes around the pulley and 1 bolt. I've got something that fits in the hole good but it doesn't seem to lock nicely. Thanks everyone who answers.

Have a read of Regs guide in the tec section/

Comment

Originally posted by Jamieb16v View Post
      Hello can anyone describe or have a pic of the pump pulley locked so it can be timed up. I think I've got it but would be nice to be sure. Mines the type with the circle holes around the pulley and 1 bolt. I've got something that fits in the hole good but it doesn't seem to lock nicely. Thanks everyone who answers.
      Even with the correct locking pin, there is a bit of slop.

Read my guide, it describes taking up the slop when you time up the pump - failure to do this (as most garages do) results in retarded timing, a lack of acceleration and a need to use the cold start lever or white smoke when starting

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Even with the correct locking pin, there is a bit of slop.

Read my guide, it describes taking up the slop when you time up the pump - failure to do this (as most garages do) results in retarded timing, a lack of acceleration and a need to use the cold start lever or white smoke when starting
        Im pretty sure I've got it done right now, no slop and the belt tensioned up nicely, just gotta start it now, are they self bleeding or is it best to crack off injector lines and bleed that way, cheers for everyone's help I'm pretty rusty on diesels/Injection pumps.

Comment

There will be slop.

Should self bleed very quickly and probably fire up instantly, maybe misfire, cut out or judder a bit, hold a bit of throttle on to keep the revs up, the pump should clear itself of bubbles and run normally within about 30 seconds.

Comment

Working...
          X