White van without a plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White van without a plan

I do love a build thread i did get loads of ideas from other peoples projects past and present.

Anyway always wanted a t4 for a long time. Did not have alot of money at the time and i brought a blue t4 lwb or shed as the missus called it

i was busy welding it up as it did have alot of holes spotted a mint side door 30miles down the road went down with my bro to pick it. Took the door off put it in the van while having a chat with owner who was breaking it asked how come your breaking etc while having a look around it. Turns out she was soild with very little rust so went back and picked it up a few weeks later.

June 2018

No engine half the dash missing etc. 2.4 from the blue one dropped in and a few brake lines mot dec 2018

brought a few parts and few freebies from fellow members helping me out massively loved driving the van but the body work was poor condition. My brother spoke to his boss and the van was booked in for a April bank holiday 2019

Painted candy white bumpers done in raptor paint

Tidy!!!
    Do you have a plan for your blue one?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

When i got it back i had some 5" falkner springs Shanes Scarface Lowriders plates and short drop links. Gave some vito steels a rattle can over

When the van was in the paint shop id told them one day i would like to put a 1.8t in there after seeing a few others and the guide on here. Couple of months later my brother rings me theirs a car up here come have a look. Goes up after work as they do have some nice motors up getting work done. Turns out to be a mk4 golf 20v got accident damage roof slightly creased boot does not open customer has got another car mine if i wanted it. Done took it for a drive around runs and pulls nice

Few weeks later its in the shed on a stand winter project for 2019. Replaced a few gaskets and seals left the cambelt as it had one done at vw before i pulled the engine out. painted the block, inlet and rocker cover.

Modded the pick up pipe and moved the power steering pump up using chopped audi a4 bracket

took the van off the road feb 2020 pulled the old 2.4

Mocked up for the engine mount and made one up and got it welded in

Had my looms sent off which ive just recived back. Engine is in and i knocked up an exhaust.

Just need some more free time to crack on and get the rest of the jobs done as there is loads to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
        Tidy!!!
        Do you have a plan for your blue one?

Cheers
        Sold the blue one on as it needed so much work welding

Comment

Balls think I might have put this in the wrong section

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Cope View Post
            Cheers
            Sold the blue one on as it needed so much work welding
            More funds for the project!! Plan!

Comment

Love it, just love it.

Comment

Which engine are you fitting? I have a AEB to go in ours, going to be a slow one.Looks like I was lucky choosing the AEB as it shares the ABL basic block, so will bolt in without any mounting mods.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                  Which engine are you fitting? I have a AEB to go in ours, going to be a slow one.Looks like I was lucky choosing the AEB as it shares the ABL basic block, so will bolt in without any mounting mods.
                  So will that bolt straight up to the able gearbox if so what clutch do you use Simon?

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

It will. My plan is to use the ABL flywheel and clutch.Motor will stay standard so it should coupe.

Comment

Might keep my eye open for a Donna car

Comment

I'm using AGU with g60 flywheel and vr6 and my box can't remember the code for it. Had to shave the gearbox at the top.

Yeah I did look into using a 1.9 braket/mount so it was original but the only thing I dislike about that setup is if the mount or braket snapped engine would fall. I had this on my 2.4 drive shafts rubbing the subframe.

I do hope to buy a 6speed conversion kit in the future once tom has tested his out.
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Audi A6. Ours was R reg. Going to get mine running on a jig first to get wiring right so the swap over time will be down to a minimum. If it takes years of fannying around at least i'll still have a mighty ABL powered van to rip round in till its going.

Comment

Originally posted by daleydub View Post
                            Might keep my eye open for a Donna car

Do it I've enjoyed it so far

Comment

Daryl, your front bumper appears to be an inch or so further forward than normal is this for radiator or intercooler "room"?

Comment

Working...
                              X