X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated seats wiring.

Hi guys.
    Havent been on here in ages.
    but recently got a set of genuine heated seats for the caravelle. They’re from a ‘02 and my ‘belle is also a ‘02. I bought the loom off of Kufatec. And I’m at the stage where I have the switches illuminated with the van’s lights on. But I can’t figure out where the thick red wire goes. And also there’s a loose grey wire with a ring terminal one ends and normal connector the other end. I can’t fathom where these two wires go. I tried running a wire straight to positive lead on battery to the red wire. But didn’t get any power to seat connectors. I’m stumped. The Kufatec pdf instructions are only ok.

has anyone used this loom to retrofit heated seats in a post ‘98 t4 ?

cheers.

Thick red would probably be supply, ring terminal to earth or possibly earth at seat and connector to seat connector?

Got a link to instructions?

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Screen shotted. It’s crap quality.
        milk see can I pm you the file REG. It’s pretty spartan as instructions go.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

That's interesting. I got the original cables with only 3 pins but my new seats got 4 pins.
            Got to have a look weekend on the switch

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Yes. The Kufatec loom has 4 wires going to each seat connector. Funny thing is. The factory connector coming out of the seat is four wire, but it goes into a three wire short loom, sort of an extender loom. This becomes a female connector which the Kufatec will plug into.

As above. Kufatec say to remove the extender cable. But their cable won’t plug in then. As it is male to male then.even though it’s four wires in each connector.

Comment

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

So. From the top.

*The original loom coming out of seat. Is the female end of the ‘extension’ loom. It’s got three wires.

*switches I bought off eBay.

*the grey wire I don’t know where to put.

*the red wire that I presume goes into the fuse box somewhere. They mentioned getting a plug to put this wire into, to allow the fuse box to accept it. I think it’s a plastic receptor of some sorts. To allow it to clip into a blank spot on fuse box. Does the grey wire go onto this too some how (dunno).

*the 4 wire male connector that goes into the seat. This is in Kufatec loom.

*my new seats.

*the Kufatec complete loom with my eBay switches attached.

Comment

So I tested continuity from the red wire and it goes to a couple of wires that go into the switches. I suppose that was obvious. But after I put power to that with loom all connected up. . Directly from battery. I got no power at seats. Even using a voltmeter. No power at the connectors. So I guess the grey wire is key. Pity the Kufatec instructions are so vague.

Comment

https://translate.googleusercontent....001odUZyboCBVQ

Comment

Just putting this here for reference.

Comment

Here some wiring diagrams for different years.
                            It may help

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Thank you Hans. I have seen those. But the grey wire above still confuses me.

Comment

Working...
                              X