Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentlley Manual

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bentlley Manual

    Doing the mot prep and service on the old Corrado today. Thumbing through the manual last night I noticed its by Robert Bentley. Its a reprint of the factory manual and about 4 foot thick, printed in Cambridge Massachusetts just wondered if its the same people that do the T4 one?

  • #2
    Yeh there's a Bentley manual for the eurovan. Obviously doesn't cover the diesel vans because they weren't sold in the USA.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by d-9 View Post
      Yeh there's a Bentley manual for the eurovan. Obviously doesn't cover the diesel vans because they weren't sold in the USA.
      Bentley were criticized as the title cover on all 3 volumes clearly states that TDI, (note the comma) 5-Cylinder ..... but it only covers the basic (courtesy of some Bosch blurb) the pump iirc. In fact the term basic is used in many of the diagnostic, electrical and fault finding headers. There's more TDI info on Si's build thread!

      "Engines covered in this Volkswagen repair manual: 2.8 Liter VR6 gasoline (engine code AES), 2.5 Liter 5-cylinder gasoline (engine code AAF, ACU) & 2.4 Liter diesel (engine code AAB). Transmissions covered in this Volkswagen repair manual: 02B and 02G 5-speed manual transmissions & 098 and 01P 4-speed automatic transmissions."

      The 02G gearbox info could be useful.as it may relate to the 6-speed Quaife add-on?

      Anyone got a copy?

      Comment


      • #4
        Perhaps not the same Bentley the. The Corrado book is a factory reprint.Lots of exploded diagrams and pin values at component multiplugs. I'll pop a photo of the manual on when I get a moment.

        Comment


        • #5
          Found the inside of the Corrado discs really rusty so called a halt and started the first phase of clearing the workshop out. Hell I have some sort of old Haynes manuals. Anyone need one for a Hillman Hunter, Morris Minor or Austin Princess? Think a lot have been given to me by clients over the years thinking they were helping me out. We didn't even work on the afore mentioned rubbish at Hereford tec back in the day. I will do a list in case some may be of interest to folk on here before they are binned or dropped at the charity shop.I must have a hundred of the things.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by S49 View Post
            Found the inside of the Corrado discs really rusty so called a halt and started the first phase of clearing the workshop out. Hell I have some sort of old Haynes manuals. Anyone need one for a Hillman Hunter, Morris Minor or Austin Princess? Think a lot have been given to me by clients over the years thinking they were helping me out. We didn't even work on the afore mentioned rubbish at Hereford tec back in the day. I will do a list in case some may be of interest to folk on here before they are binned or dropped at the charity shop.I must have a hundred of the things.
            Sell them Si. Job lot on eBay?

            Comment


            • #7
              Most wouldn't be worth having.I have a few odd ball factory ones which i'll probably keep. The old chap has a lot of wartime Jeep Dodge and GMC manuals oh and the manual from when he rebuilt a Studebaker Weasel in the 80's The reprints of that sort a stuff goes for silly money.I shall do a few Auto jumbles as I have loads of stuff. I started asking for a part payment of special order parts as people often didn't come back for them, its amazing how suddenly folk weren't so desperate for them when you asked for cash up front, it wasn't helped by me not always sending filters and the like back if I didn't use them but i'm betting that i'll come back with more than I take as i'm a sucker for buying stuff I don't need. Molly will have to hold the purse strings.
              Last edited by S49; 19th January 2020, 09:45 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                The missus bought the contents of a motor factor that was closing down last year, she put up adds on eBay and fb for a bulk items and a few people who do auto jumbles came and bought the lot. She would have made more cash selling individual items, but that takes loads more time and she still doubled her money this way.

                Was quite a lot of stuff, my ranga was full to the roof three times...could have done with a van lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by S49 View Post
                  Most wouldn't be worth having.I have a few odd ball factory ones which i'll probably keep. The old chap has a lot of wartime Jeep Dodge and GMC manuals oh and the manual from when he rebuilt a Studebaker Weasel in the 80's The reprints of that sort a stuff goes for silly money.I shall do a few Auto jumbles as I have loads of stuff. I started asking for a part payment of special order parts as people often didn't come back for them, its amazing how suddenly folk weren't so desperate for them when you asked for cash up front, it wasn't helped by me not always sending filters and the like back if I didn't use them but i'm betting that i'll come back with more than I take as i'm a sucker for buying stuff I don't need. Molly will have to hold the purse strings.
                  Friends of ours have a 2nd hand bookshop... believe me they would sell! Classic shopping widows thinking - male partners dive in their shop for a free coffee and hang out while their female other halves shop, they read all kinds of odd ball stuff - Haynes Manuals are popular!!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X