power steering conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power steering conversion

I have a 1992 tv aac 2.0 with manual steering could anyone tell me what i require to convert to power steering i was going to convert to electric steering but space would appear to be a problem hope you can help great forum by the way i would be lost wihout it

Power steering rack, pump, hoses and reservoir. You would have to check that the column splines are the same as on the power steering models. I converted a mid 1970's Volvo 240 to PAS years ago and the bottom ball joins were also different. I'm sure others will be alone later and mention whatever I've forgotten.

Comment

We have a 1996 2 litre whats the power and economy like on yours?
      Last edited by S49; 13 January 2020, 02:32 PM.

Comment

cant say as yet only went for mot 2mile but the emmissions were so little cant rememer exact at the moment but i renewed about every sensor exhauast no cat no lamba sensor i want to put in new injectors when money is available the guy reckoned at the tesy centre the engine was near smack on its done 130 thousand miles no smoke on start up or anything i have been told i will be lucky to get 25mph on long runs time will tell i think i will go back to elecy steering re asses seems easier i have steering unit just need to fit in !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Got all the bits here (pump, rack, hoses, reservoir) from one I broke - not sure if the pump bracket fits the petrol block and you may need a different pulley on the pump - but the bracket and pulley would be easy to find from a petrol car.

Comment

Could you let me know how much and if i can aford it maybe have a deal whats your location thanks for reply

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
              Got all the bits here (pump, rack, hoses, reservoir) from one I broke - not sure if the pump bracket fits the petrol block and you may need a different pulley on the pump - but the bracket and pulley would be easy to find from a petrol car.
              The PAS set up looks pretty similar on our petrol and the trusty ABL.
              Last edited by S49; 18 January 2020, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X