Binding Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binding Brakes

I think before xmas I mentioned rebuilding the o/s/f brake caliper on the ole bus as it was seized on and could hardly be turned when jacked up. But as usual the plot thickens. Noticed over the xmas period that after a few miles that all the brakes are holding on ever so slightly. did wonder if it was because i'd clamped the right front brake hose and damaged it internally.But after a "brisk" road test with heavy use of the brakes I found that all 4 were getting hot and it would hold on a slight incline.Strange thing is if I put my foot under the pedal and raise it the van then rolls back! Have ordered new hoses as they look like the originals.Anyone else had anything similar? Had it with a Skoda couple a years ago but after a road test the car wouldn't move. We put a massive return spring on the pedal and the symptom was cured. Client went on to do 40.000 mile with no issues before trading it in. I still have the master cylinder that we never got round to fitting on it for Justin. Another for my auto jumble stall as I clear out the workshop as we wind down for my job change over.

Master cyl/Servo buggered - holding the brakes on???

Bungee cord from brake pedal to drivers seat?

Comment

That's wierd. My money is on mc, isn't there meant to be a return spring, or is that the clutch? I remember one snapped and I found it in the footwell one day.

Comment

Return spring appears to be ok. Doing hoses first as I've had all sorts of funny problems in the past that turned out to be hoses. From brakes staying on to a Peugeot that was fine then wouldn't bleed after replacing rusty pipes.

Comment

Yeah I had a similar thing the other day after clamping a hose to change a pipe. Cheap easy fix to try first.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

Comment

Update.............all sorted with a pair of front hoses and a freed off rear caliper.

Comment

Working...
            X