Rear bulb/ cluster holder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear bulb/ cluster holder.

Hi. I have a T4 2001 2.5tdi AVV. I have a problem with my rear offside ( driver side) lights, only the idicator works..I have tried swapping the bulbs out. To eliminate the actual bulb holder are the left and right interchangeable? I know they are physically but in terms of operation, as the offside has 3 connectors but the nearside only the 1. I know absolutely nowt about electrics so dont know how to check wiring circuits etc?
    any help/ asvice would be very much appreciated
    thanks.

I mean. ACV.

Comment

Take the bulbs out and clean the contacts.
      Then see. If you have a bulb and holder you can link out the wires to ground the bulb should light when circuit is switched on. If not duff.
      Where abouts are you?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Sounds like it could be corrosion in the bulb cluster plug. Pull the plug off and check for green growth, if so clean up with emery and a spray of contact cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
          Take the bulbs out and clean the contacts.
          Then see. If you have a bulb and holder you can link out the wires to ground the bulb should light when circuit is switched on. If not duff.
          Where abouts are you?

Cheers buddy. Brigend..s wales.
          not sure how to link out bulbs to ground etc but will do a youtube search.
          i can build you a great wall, roof your house, fit your boiler.... but electrics, particularly auto electrics and Im lost.
          will check and clean contacts (bulbs and connectors) in the morning so I may be back if no luck.
          Cheers again.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
            Sounds like it could be corrosion in the bulb cluster plug. Pull the plug off and check for green growth, if so clean up with emery and a spray of contact cleaner.
            Will give it a good go tomoro buddy. Gona pick up some contact cleaner as you advise, i got plenty of emery so contact cleaner sounds like a product i should have at hand anyway.
            thanks again my man.

Comment

A fuse hasn't blown has it?

Comment

Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
                A fuse hasn't blown has it?
                Thanks buddy, checked ok?

Comment

Well slowly losing patience now and as i know nowt about auto electrics ( dont even know how to use a meter.. YET!!) Im starting to pull my hair out. It dont help that its dark this time of year when i get chance. I got torches rolling everywhere. LOL.
                  Do these rear light holders break down?? I dont really want to spend £25+ on one if it wont be that.... and I certainly dont want to spend £80+ minimun hour charge if its something simple.
                  Any other ideas chaps?
                  Thanks in advance.

Comment

Don't really think they brake down.
                    It would be worth removing it and cleaning
                    Maybe a pic to see if anyone can see anything obvious?

Comment

That's it, pop a photo on and we'll see if we can help.

Comment

Hey gwd idea. Will try take one a couple in the morning and post.
                        thanks all for taking the time to read and post advice. Its a great help, thanks.

Comment

When you do try to get the connections and both sides

Comment

Originally posted by The viking View Post
                            Hi. I have a T4 2001 2.5tdi AVV. I have a problem with my rear offside ( driver side) lights, only the idicator works..I have tried swapping the bulbs out. To eliminate the actual bulb holder are the left and right interchangeable? I know they are physically but in terms of operation, as the offside has 3 connectors but the nearside only the 1. I know absolutely nowt about electrics so dont know how to check wiring circuits etc?
                            any help/ asvice would be very much appreciated
                            thanks.
                            The indicator has a separate earth to all the other lamps in the cluster, as you've lost all the lights except indicator I'll bet the earth is faulty - it should be bolted to the body near the light cluster.

Comment

Working...
                            X