Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues?

Went to start van this morning after 4 weeks of not using it, flat battery.
    Jumped it off of work van, and left it idling for a few minutes whilst sorting things out and noticed it was smoking a lot from the exhaust.
    As I drove it off the drive there was a serious lack of power and what was there was juddery.
    managed to get the revs up to around 2000 over about half a mile and it suddenly kicked into life and seems fine now.

any ideas what it might have been?

Originally posted by Reimo97 View Post
    Went to start van this morning after 4 weeks of not using it, flat battery.
    Jumped it off of work van, and left it idling for a few minutes whilst sorting things out and noticed it was smoking a lot from the exhaust.
    As I drove it off the drive there was a serious lack of power and what was there was juddery.
    managed to get the revs up to around 2000 over about half a mile and it suddenly kicked into life and seems fine now.

any ideas what it might have been?
    Moisture content in the fuel perhaps? Put some new fuel in.

Comment

Must be something like that if its cleared, as always check the spill pipes between injectors and look for bubbles in the fuel in the clear pipe when the engine is running.

Comment

Cheers guys, that’s kind of what I thought.
        It’s been out for a 30 mile run and is driving spot on.

Comment

I had fuel filter issues with ours a couple a weeks ago. Mind I hadn't changed it for 24k.

Comment

Working...
          X