Removing front panel and grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing front panel and grill

I thought I would share this with people as I was stumped on how to remove these. If you are lucky enough to have the original tool kit I have been told that there is a designated tool for this.
    Firstly remove there screws along the top of the grill, one left one right and one centre.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3471.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	270552

Name:	IMG_3470.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	270553
    Then there are two more screw lower down on the left and right sort of behind the grill. On mine which had a after market grill they was behind

Name:	IMG_3524.jpg
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	270554
    Now that all the fixing are out now comes the tricky bit. On either end of the front panel is a small gap between the front wing

Name:	IMG_3439.jpg
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	270555
    This is where the panel clips in, one top one bottom, if you have the tool you have to slide it in between and hook the lip of the tool onto the front panel. Now you need to give this a good yank, and I mean good but be carful not to fall over like I neally did. The panel should come away from the pins. Now repeat this on the other side.
    Tip put a bungy strap around the front end of the van to stop the panel and grill flying on the floor.

Name:	IMG_3472.jpg
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	270556

Name:	IMG_3525.JPG
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	270557
    There we go folks took me a while but hope this helps others. If you don't have a tool, like me make one out of a couple of metal coat hangers with a small bend on the end. Be carful not to scratch the paint tho.

Sweet, nice one chally 👍

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Comment

Nice write up chally [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Cheers chally was wondering how to do this last weekend [emoji106] nice write up

Sent from my SM-A520F using Just T4s

Comment

Don't suppose anyone knows how to get the upper grill out the bonnet do they? The windscreen washer grill? Bloody thing.

Sent from my D6503 using Just T4s

Comment

Screws and then tabs - try prising it gently from the bottom edge... If it breaks it ain't my fault! 😁

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
            '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Working...
            X