No announcement yet.

Old Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice1 Si. Anything visibly indicating why the old sender was failing?

Comment

• Havent had a good look yet

Comment

• What is it with these oil pressure senders? Since the Vdub one burst in 2019 i'm on my third one. I'd fit a Vdub one but TPS say they dont do it anymore. Have been using Meyle but later today a Bosch ones going to stop the bleep bleep bleep for a few months.

Comment

• A few months? 30 mile down the road and its bleep bleep fucking bleep.Really getting my goat now. Is it telling me its time to sell it?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
            A few months? 30 mile down the road and its bleep bleep fucking bleep.Really getting my goat now. Is it telling me its time to sell it?
            I didn't see a price for that on Ben's Funnies pic he posted.

Can you test the sensor Si?
            Might there be a wiring/circuit issue perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

• When i get the urge i'll have a look.99.9 percent sure the wiring is fine.

Comment

When i get the urge i'll have a look.99.9 percent sure the wiring is fine.
                Might it be the cluster that's being temperamental?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

• No it was fine till the switch it came with spunked the oil. The factors switch went bleep bleep bleep on road test, the first Meyle one did 3 months then going through flood water did that one, the next Meyle effort lasted through lockdown then went bleep bleep bleep and the latest Bosch one did 30 mile. If i could get a OE one it would be fine. Trawled the net for a Vdub one but no luck.

Comment

• Having sprung a leak on the way back from Eversham a few weeks ago we replaced all the leak off pipes. Then i noticed it started getting harder to start of a morning. Checked the glow plugs with the trusty spark test and 3 out of 4 were buggered. Only fitted in 2019 when the pump came off. Anyway 4 new plugs and it starts on the button again. Then a road test to Skidderminster where Kieara looked after me while the grown ups went shopping.
                    Last edited by S49; 13 November 2021, 10:45 PM.

Comment

A few months? 30 mile down the road and its bleep bleep fucking bleep.Really getting my goat now. Is it telling me its time to sell it?
                      No its telling me to get that 1.8t fitted. Its started loosing a bit a water now to boot. Dont seem to be building up pressure in the cooling system. Will try and have a gander Sunday. Been told no projects Saturday i'm taking Kieara to my parents while the grown ups go shopping, something about the 25th of December???????????????

Comment

• What is it about taking this van to Skiddyminster? Last trip the leak off blanker went awol. Pulled up at Amy's place taking Kieara to my folks and was greeted with clouds of steam from under the bonnet. Had to top up 3 times on the 20 mile trip back to the shire. Suspect a core plug behind the cam belt cover. Left the thing at dads and we'll have a look on the morrow. At least great nan and grandad had a nice bonding session with the nipper. Kev, if this thing continues to be this reliable there will be a whole spare engine mate.

Comment

What is it about taking this van to Skiddyminster? Last trip the leak off blanker went awol. Pulled up at Amy's place taking Kieara to my folks and was greeted with clouds of steam from under the bonnet. Had to top up 3 times on the 20 mile trip back to the shire. Suspect a core plug behind the cam belt cover. Left the thing at dads and we'll have a look on the morrow. At least great nan and grandad had a nice bonding session with the nipper. Kev, if this thing continues to be this reliable there will be a whole spare engine mate.
                          I’ll be interested after you’ve rebuilt it Si

Comment

• Had the day off today as the kitchens being rewired. Dropped Reg at work and when i got back the stream was coming again from the cambelt cover. Pulled it off and there is coolant dripping from behind the tin plate. So its belts off the weekend, Anyone know the diameter of the plug behind the tin plate? I used to fit em like shelling peas on the Volvo 440. The Reno plugs were such shite material they were lucky to get out of warrenty.

Comment

• Found a complete set for 11 quid.

Comment

• That's on my list, makes sense to protect what we can't see.

Comment

Working...
                                X