Old Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
    So having dicked about over other vans and projects it looks like sometime next year the ole tub may get a 1.8t. Got to start getting the donor engine and gubbings out next weekend while the boss does a search and capture mission around the yard for anything else Vdub that takes her fancy.Its going to be a long one as the van will stay on the road till the last possible minute. Once I have my head round the wiring i'll be torn as to whether to get it in and running or do a full rebuild on the motor first. Activ asked about 6 speed boxes but viewing Regs thread on the subject i'll stick to 5 speed at least I can count that high. If i'd gone for the J reg van there would have been 12 months work to get it to the stage that S49 is at now including removing the camper conversion it already had. Much more sense to do the van I already have. I can gradually put the 700 quid the van was going to cost into the motor without leaving myself short and Molly is treating me to the 1.8 for xmas. But she did say once I have it all worked out if we dropped on a Mark 2 golf it could all go in that instead. Does she know something I don't?
    If you go 1.8T - the six speed is much easier. The shorter four pot gives more room.

Comment

• Passed the MOT today. Sailed through the emissions.

Comment

Passed the MOT today. Sailed through the emissions.
        Well done mate

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by fife t4 new View Post
          Well done mate

Good job it did, as it ran out on the 19th.

Comment

• Got the satchel fitted at last. If nothing else you can put al that crap outta the glove box that you "cant" do without. As well as a nearside door pocket going to do a more tailored bag for the barn doors so it goes on the metal so more weight can be "bagged" Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3038.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	666.1 KB
ID:	289362

Comment

• Like that very much!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                Like that very much!!

I'll make you one mate when I get a minute. Its took 2 months to fit mine.

Comment

• Brace yourself for the orders to start flooding in.
                  Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Got the satchel fitted at last. If nothing else you can put al that crap outta the glove box that you "cant" do without. As well as a nearside door pocket going to do a more tailored bag for the barn doors so it goes on the metal so more weight can be "bagged" Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3038.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	666.1 KB
ID:	289362
                    That's fantastic Si....
                    Two tailored for the rear barn doors would be great for bungees , tie-down straps, inner pocket(s) for some basic tools, oem jack perhap?
                    Put me down for a pair, bloody marvellous!

Comment

• I'll get at it, the plan is to make something a tad wider so it screws to the metal door surround and thus being able to take more wait.Its just having the time. Mind with nice spring days like today I'll be "vanning" like mad getting all the jobs up to date on the motors. Blue ones mot looming large. I seem to have given up a bit this winter but now starting to get the urge again. Meets, nights at the coast,1.8t and all the other things that i'll get side tracked with.

Comment

I'll make you one mate when I get a minute. Its took 2 months to fit mine.
                        Lol love you!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                          Brace yourself for the orders to start flooding in.
                          I can see them being a good seller , especially if Si manufacturers some for the barn doors .

Comment

• Normal service resumed with an exchange generator. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3039.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	656.0 KB
ID:	290763Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3041.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	852.4 KB
ID:	290764Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3043.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	666.5 KB
ID:	290765Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3042.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	690.4 KB
ID:	290766

Comment

• If your wondering where the bullet shaped spring loaded thing that tensions the belt is..............Molly pinched it for her blue one.

Comment

• Actually done something today. Wire wheeled the sill and primed. If your using a wire wheel don't be fooled by shiny pitted areas the wheel will polish up rust and you think your done.I went over pitted areas with a stone on my dremel type thing and where looked clean metal went all brown and dusty until I got through to proper good steel. I suspect the wotsitcalled Reg recommends does a far better job but you have to run with what you have I suppose. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3093.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	733.0 KB
ID:	292295Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3094.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	700.4 KB
ID:	292296Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3095.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	689.9 KB
ID:	292297Click image for larger version