No announcement yet.

Ness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got the rack this morning.... I ordered it from the local motorfactors.
    And boy am I glad I did

Fitted it came to connect the pipes and one has a crossed thread [emoji2959]
    Only found it when I came to connect the pipe and it wouldn't go in straight,
    No damage to the pipe so it's back to the factors in the morning and possibly another 10 hr wait for the new one.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• So Ness is stuck with her nose hanging in the air!

Comment

• Thread in the pas pipe hole was cross threaded at some point meaning ings issues.
        Took it back this morning and new one will be here by 11 this morning!!!

Comment

• So the rack is in..... but I am struggling to get the spines into the uj on the column [emoji2959][emoji35][emoji2959][emoji35][emoji2959][emoji35][emoji2959] so tomorrow I will be getting the freeze spray out and seeing if I can get it to slip, odd thing though as the other rack slipped in really easily....

Comment

• Probably teaching you to suck eggs. But....
            If i remember correctly it only slips on in one position.

Comment

• Originally posted by lister View Post
              Probably teaching you to suck eggs. But....
              If i remember correctly it only slips on in one position.
              Yea theres a slot for the bolt to fit in to but it won't go. Originally thought it was a spine out but it still won't slip down.

Comment

• They would have a master spline I would think so would only go on one way.

Comment

• Gonna have another look tomorrow.
                  Odd thing is the faulty rack slipped straight on no messing.

Comment

• Much persuasion was used to get the UJ back onto the spines but it is now done and working. Tracking done and also a service too boot! She is driving really well and feels like she is excited for her journey back to anglesey tomorrow afternoon.

Whilst under her I noticed that one of the rubber bushes that the back of the belly pan has a bolt that is falling off. So being unable to find a part number I have taken a punt on a pair of intercooler bushes.....
                    Tps had no idea what I was on about....

Comment

• A few posts back anyone reading will know I took a dremel to my dash and made a big hole for a stereo with a massive screen
                      Well although it was ok it wasnt working properly so its sent back to amazon and they are refunding...
                      This left a hole in my dash so I ordered a pumpkin android 9.0 Octocore delivered within 24 hours of ordering and is filling the hole (not fitted properly but I like music whilst travelling....)
                      And first impressions are brilliant
                      It was a little more expensive than the xomax but it does a hell of a lot more! It has wifi and can use the phone as a hot spot gps yea yea yea
                      But you can down load apps and accessorise from the app store
                      It will display obd2 outputs from your obd2 via a plug in reader.
                      2x usb connections cameras and all sorts.

Pics tomorrow but I am happy
                      Guess it serves me right for being tight first time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                        A few posts back anyone reading will know I took a dremel to my dash and made a big hole for a stereo with a massive screen
                        Well although it was ok it wasnt working properly so its sent back to amazon and they are refunding...
                        This left a hole in my dash so I ordered a pumpkin android 9.0 Octocore delivered within 24 hours of ordering and is filling the hole (not fitted properly but I like music whilst travelling....)
                        And first impressions are brilliant
                        It was a little more expensive than the xomax but it does a hell of a lot more! It has wifi and can use the phone as a hot spot gps yea yea yea
                        But you can down load apps and accessorise from the app store
                        It will display obd2 outputs from your obd2 via a plug in reader.
                        2x usb connections cameras and all sorts.

Pics tomorrow but I am happy
                        Guess it serves me right for being tight first time around.

Looks forward to seeing the pics

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                          Much persuasion was used to get the UJ back onto the spines but it is now done and working. Tracking done and also a service too boot! She is driving really well and feels like she is excited for her journey back to anglesey tomorrow afternoon.

Whilst under her I noticed that one of the rubber bushes that the back of the belly pan has a bolt that is falling off. So being unable to find a part number I have taken a punt on a pair of intercooler bushes.....
                          Tps had no idea what I was on about....

Did you sort this Greeny? I'll look it up if not? [emoji106]

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            Did you sort this Greeny? I'll look it up if not? [emoji106]
                            Still waiting for the bushes to arrive.
                            But still haven't found the belly pan bushes proper.

Comment

• Here's a linky for the stereo
                              PUMPKIN Android 9.0 Double Din Car Stereo CD DVD Audio with Sat Nav Bluetooth Support Android Auto,WIFI,DAB,USB SD,1080P Video,AUX,Fast-boot,7 Inch Touch Screen https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QCPQ7..._D5hmDbENVDK0M

Comment

• And one for the usb sockets I to connect

Bolongking USB Panel Flush Mount Cable 1 Meter 3.3ft Dual USB 3.0 Extension USB Mount, Dash Mount, Flush Mount, Panel Mount Cable, For Car, Boat, Motorcycle https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XJ3KK..._m-hmDb838ZTSQ

Comment

Working...
                                X