My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    Yep that's it, just had to plug the Tx ring back into the immo box and turn to immo on in VCCommander

Four lines to my immo box 12v, Gnd, K line and W line.
    Thanks. With your VAG K Commander send me a copy of your ECU EEPROM IMMO ON / then IMMO OFF files....
    When I tried IMMO off/ then back on with my daily van using VAG K Commander 1.4 (I went with this as it only runs KWP1281) I found it lost the EEPROM data so it wasn't actually back on so I had to write the original file back to the EEPROM.

Here's the T4 IMMO box I picked up whist at the scrappies from a 2003 2.5TDI panel van. Just looking for the wiring diagram for it.
    Two plugs , 7 cables on one plug plus 3 on the Tx ring?

Last edited by Activ8; 13 March 2018, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• I have the pinout at home, but I found it early with a bit of google so guess you will have done the same.

I have the older black immo box - no idea how they differ internally

Regarding immo on/off - I'm up to 63% sure that the blocked by immobiliser fault code returned.

Will send the files if I can read anything

Comment

• Got the 4 pin info looking on the forum but nothing yet on the 7 pin.
        Had a look & compared the immo on / off files and the switch makes some unusual changes across the whole file. Its not just an immo on(1)/off(0).
        Im looking at trying get a live running hex output from the ECU so I can read specific fundemental outputs rather than just the sensors. VCDS may have already done it so I've emailed RossTech.

Noticed from your vcds cluster grab.doc that the rpm was at 760 (could be pixels) but if not thats unusual, as the map specifies tickover 780min to 1020max.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Got the 4 pin info looking on the forum but nothing yet on the 7 pin.
          Had a look & compared the immo on / off files and the switch makes some unusual changes across the whole file. Its not just an immo on(1)/off(0).
          Im looking at trying get a live running hex output from the ECU so I can read specific fundemental outputs rather than just the sensors. VCDS may have already done it so I've emailed RossTech.

Noticed from your vcds cluster grab.doc that the rpm was at 760 (could be pixels) but if not thats unusual, as the map specifies tickover 780min to 1020max.

I thought immo on/off was just two hex entries?

Comment

• 2 HEX bits .... Ive got two but you only change the 1st one? Hmmm I'll take a look at that. Just posted (1st Signed for Packet) the cartridge (it was the best of the 4 Turbos I had) & those plastic parts. Gave it a quick clean.

Comment

• Reg, parcel received.
              Thanks for the inlet pipe.

Comment

• If you could plug that ECU in at some point - I've a return pending on ebay.

Comment

If you could plug that ECU in at some point - I've a return pending on ebay.
                  Other than plugging it in what do you want me to do with it?
                  Whats the time frame,...

Comment

• Your Lithenesium ECU is on the bench all working fine.
                    240040km

Comment

Your Lithenesium ECU is on the bench all working fine.
                      240040km
                      Nice one - that's all I needed to know - expected it would be fine.

What will happen with the mileage discrepancy when it's plugged into mine?

The cartridge turned up today - cheers! Thanks for the personalised address as well!

Did you get me the dash blank with a lump hacked out of it purely to mess with my OCD - in which case it worked. At least it's better than what was there before. Cheers!

I have half day tomorrow but don't think I'll get near the van, windowsils to fit, plastering to do and still a loft to convert. Hopefully get to it sometime over the weekend.

Comment

Nice one - that's all I needed to know - expected it would be fine.

What will happen with the mileage discrepancy when it's plugged into mine?

The cartridge turned up today - cheers! Thanks for the personalised address as well!

Did you get me the dash blank with a lump hacked out of it purely to mess with my OCD - in which case it worked. At least it's better than what was there before. Cheers!

I have half day tomorrow but don't think I'll get near the van, windowsils to fit, plastering to do and still a loft to convert. Hopefully get to it sometime over the weekend.
                        I'll email you the EEPROM and the original Flash Files I read.
                        I've also loaded v2 on to the ECU for you.
                        Just assumed that would save some you the time but if you want it back to original then let me know otherwise I'll return post it over the next few days.

Re mileage - I would write your vans EEPROM to the ECU first and give it a go in the van. Then change the km/mileage to match the vans.
                        The dash blank from the scrap van had a telephone holder with the cables running through the cut-out. Looks like they did it with a pen knife too!
                        Let me know how you get on with the cartridge, if its not upto Cheese Performance standard, just return it....
                        I'm in no hurry either way, just get your van running right.

Comment

• Received the replacement turbo cartridge the other day - cheers Activ!

Quick check and it didn't spin at all well, all rough and graunchy so I dumped it on the bench.

Picked it up again tonight and it seems like a few lumps of carbon are stuck behind the compressor wheel and heat shield.

Blasting it with brake cleaner flushed out a load of black rubbish and soon the unit was spinning perfectly.

My current turbo was a bit tight, flicking he turbine wheel shaft with a couple of finger and it would barely continue to spin more than a turn, with the new unit the wheels will spin and spin and spin for about five seconds - pretty sure that once fitted the turbo will spool up earlier and harder and give a lot more boost - expecting about another 10 psi....watch this space.

Comment

• Looking forward to the next installment. Glad to hear its all good. I soaked it in brake cleaner for 30 mins then sprayed it with WD40 before packing.

Comment

Looking forward to the next installment. Glad to hear its all good. I soaked it in brake cleaner for 30 mins then sprayed it with WD40 before packing.

Probably enough to loosed all the crap and jam the compressor heel up properly. I'm pretty sure this is going to make a massive difference.

Meanwhile, confessed to the missus I was looking at more wheels.

She was like "What! you've just painted yours, why do you want more"

"Because they look shit"

"Yes they do, I cringe every time I see them"

"Why didn't you say"

"I didn't want to hurt your feelings"

"Why? - That hasn't stopped every other fucker from telling me how shit they look"

So I've bought them and become a massive hypocrite in the process.

Comment

Probably enough to loosed all the crap and jam the compressor heel up properly. I'm pretty sure this is going to make a massive difference.

Meanwhile, confessed to the missus I was looking at more wheels.

She was like "What! you've just painted yours, why do you want more"

"Because they look shit"

"Yes they do, I cringe every time I see them"

"Why didn't you say"

"I didn't want to hurt your feelings"

"Why? - That hasn't stopped every other fucker from telling me how shit they look"

So I've bought them and become a massive hypocrite in the process.
                                Like these reg?

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X