• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Knowing Reg's mentality he'd want it riding upfront with him , possibly replacing the passenger seat with bespoke perspex cover.... !

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
      To be honest I think I would too!! In fact if it could drive aswell I'd be happy to sit in the back!

Comment

Yep, that's a proper turbo.

Might need a shot or two of laughing gas to spin it up.

Wonder if there's a pair available, will need them for the Doka project....

Comment

• Few finishing touches on the downpipe today, a pinhole to weld up and the final weld on the mounting bracket.

And as at least something I was waiting for turned up today....the futures bright......

So all back together and back on it's wheels, new exhaust sounded awesome until I fitted the original backbox back on - now sounds exactly like it did before. Never mind I have plans for a new tailpipe that doesn't involve any silencers. Though I could just whack a 45 degree bend and a side exit on as a stop-gap.

So hows it go now with the new big turbo?

Exactly like it did before, max 10 psi then dropping off, need to double check the guage and the new N75 can't turn up soon enough...

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
            Yep, that's a proper turbo.

Might need a shot or two of laughing gas to spin it up.

Wonder if there's a pair available, will need them for the Doka project....
            Did you not notice the twin turbo setup with the smaller unit.... its a beaut...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Twin_turbo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	262381

Last edited by Activ8; 24 December 2017, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Did you not notice the twin turbo setup with the smaller unit.... its a beaut...

Didn't spot that, hot side compounded...interesting.

Would still need a pair, one for each cylinder bank.

Comment

And as at least something I was waiting for turned up today....the futures bright......
                Awesome job Reg with a great touch of ironic colour. A perfect forum crowd pleaser...
                Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                Though I could just whack a 45 degree bend and a side exit on as a stop-gap.
                Why make it any more difficult than it needs to be? 45deg and be done with it.
                Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                Max 10 psi then dropping off
                Stick your MBC on @ 15-16psi will do as not to harm that clutch and gearbox! Then wait for the new N75.

Last edited by Activ8; 24 December 2017, 02:27 AM.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7013[/ATTACH]

Note, What this compound turbo set-up is made up of ? A K24 and a K27!!

Comment

Made up some small brake lines for my calipers

And fitted

Hey Reg. Have you got these finished yet?? I followed your build on the t4forum. Finally picked some calipers up myself mercedes ml 4 pots go over 345mm discs. Got them for £30 delivered. Couldn't say no to that....

Comment

• Originally posted by lister View Post
                      Hey Reg. Have you got these finished yet?? I followed your build on the t4forum. Finally picked some calipers up myself mercedes ml 4 pots go over 345mm discs. Got them for £30 delivered. Couldn't say no to that....
                      They have been finished for ages, still waiting to get my discs turned down from 30mm thick to 28mm so they'll fit in the calipers

£30 is a good deal - well done. what thickness discs do they work with?

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                      Why make it any more difficult than it needs to be? 45deg and be done with it.
                      Because the pipe ends in the middle of the van by the load compensator valve just ahead of the rear axle

Comment

They have been finished for ages, still waiting to get my discs turned down from 30mm thick to 28mm so they'll fit in the calipers

£30 is a good deal - well done. what thickness discs do they work with?
                        They work with 32mm discs. Going to use the standard ml discs. Will just need the centre milling out by 1mm.
                        Merry Christmas.

Comment

• Been for a proper drive today.

To be honest I've been worried about driving it too far home in case something lets go in a big way.

Seems a bit flat off idle, before any boost builds, with a complete inlet gasket I'd hoped to see a big improvement everywhere - perhaps the gasket disappeared as it was coming apart and was indeed fine.

However once there's a bit of heat in the motor things improve a little and I'm sure the turbo is loosening up a bit, there's no boost until around 1800rpm but there's 10 psi at around 2200rpm. Yes it's still the max and dying off again but at least it is there.

There's not any noticeable smoke from burning oil so perhaps it's not too bad.

It's not the wheel spinning power I expected but it's not bad and till needs the latest map firing in. Just hope the annoying flashing glow plug light disappears at the same time.

Comment

• Code read the van Reg. Can you now do the VCDS Logrun on Engine on Ch 3, 8 & 11 Reg?

Comment

Code read the van Reg. Can you now do the VCDS Logrun on Engine on Ch 3, 8 & 11 Reg?

Will do.

The N75 turned up today, that got fitted but no option to test drive also fitted the new indicators to complement the badged grille and stock headlights - thanks to Activ 8 I present the latest radical new mod for T4s, orange indicators!

Basking in the brief winter sun and almost looking grey

Comment

• Nice looking van Reg.... IC grill is perfect, best fitment I've seen. How big is the IC behind it? For what it's worth some sidebars in black would carry the black bumpers better. Thought you'd binned the RX8 seats?

Comment

Working...
                                X