No announcement yet.

My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theres spec in the blue book for the minimum angle between harnesses shoulder straps and seat back, to accute an angle can result in spine crushing injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

The reel stays at the base of the pillar, the top mount near the top of the pillar and the belt end on the seat base. That'll work won't it, or have I not thought of something?
      Hopefully you’ve thought of this Reg,but if you just swing the bottom belt mount out to the bottom of your seat frame.you won’t be gaining any length as it’ll travel further at an angle up to the top pillar mount.You’ll have to mount it as high up the seat frame,as close to the seat base as you dare to gain any extra length in the belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagles02 View Post
        Hopefully you’ve thought of this Reg,but if you just swing the bottom belt mount out to the bottom of your seat frame.you won’t be gaining any length as it’ll travel further at an angle up to the top pillar mount.You’ll have to mount it as high up the seat frame,as close to the seat base as you dare to gain any extra length in the belt.

Erm....think about the belt when it is use, not when it is stowed.

Following belt route from reel to end anchor point.......

No matter where the end anchor point is, the distance from the reel to top mount stays the same, it is constant.

No matter where the end anchor point is, the distance from top mount to belt receiver/clip on seat also stays the same.

But the distance from receiver to end anchor point, there's the change, if it's anchored on the seat it is not as far as if it was fixed to the base of the pillar, near the reel. It gets even worse if you move the seats on the rails away from the anchor point if it is fixed to the van and not the seats.

Yes I will be moving it high up the seat base.

Stowage wont be quite as tidy.

Next question, do I get a planar heater now, I could integrate it into build, they are just over £100 for one with remote and timer

Comment

Erm....think about the belt when it is use, not when it is stowed.

Following belt route from reel to end anchor point.......

No matter where the end anchor point is, the distance from the reel to top mount stays the same, it is constant.

No matter where the end anchor point is, the distance from top mount to belt receiver/clip on seat also stays the same.

But the distance from receiver to end anchor point, there's the change, if it's anchored on the seat it is not as far as if it was fixed to the base of the pillar, near the reel. It gets even worse if you move the seats on the rails away from the anchor point if it is fixed to the van and not the seats.

Yes I will be moving it high up the seat base.

Stowage wont be quite as tidy.

Next question, do I get a planar heater now, I could integrate it into build, they are just over £100 for one with remote and timer
          Do it!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
            Do it!!!

What size? they all seem to be around '5kW'

Comment

What size? they all seem to be around '5kW'
              I have 5kw, main reason I have it is to defrost her before an early (I start work at 0700 and set off at 0630 so want to get out if bed as late as possible. Click of remote and ness does the rest!) Frozen to toasty warm in half an hour and I am in the house having a shower and getting dressed!!

Comment

• The 8KW versions on the low setting produce 5KW. So I'd assume the 5KW is max and 2KW on minimum. Good enough I would of thought but I suppose you could do the heat loss calcs to size it correctly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                  I suppose you could do the heat loss calcs to size it correctly?
                  What? make up a figure for the heat loss to go with the chinese made up figure for power output? Yeah.......should be fine.

Do I actually need a heater though? Maybe not now, but would be nice to integrate it into the build.... but then, the reason for current rebuild is to scale down the sleeping in the van type usability because I never do it.

would be nice to be able to whack on a heater when I get out of the sea or off the moors....decisions, decisions,

Comment

What? make up a figure for the heat loss to go with the chinese made up figure for power output? Yeah.......should be fine.

Do I actually need a heater though? Maybe not now, but would be nice to integrate it into the build.... but then, the reason for current rebuild is to scale down the sleeping in the van type usability because I never do it.

would be nice to be able to whack on a heater when I get out of the sea or off the moors....decisions, decisions,
                    Rub some chilli oil on your body or why not buy yourself a big girls blouse and some furry slippers for Christmas?

Comment

The You Tuber I posted in the thread
                      https://just-t4s.co.uk/forum/technic...be?view=thread
                      calculated the outputs on both the 5KW and the 8KW units so ball park enough, plus the energy that could be recovered through the exhaust running it through an EGR cooler. He played with the units operational orientations too so if the exhaust ran out of the side or raised you could capture the wasted energy from the exhaust for a water heater or perhaps a radiator/towel rail for an awning?

....ideas,ideas,

Comment

• Did you see this on the Farcebook Group?
                        Eberspacher £60 in Totnes.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Eberspacher in Totnes.png
Views:	471
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	282731

Comment

• If that works it's a bargain!!!
                          If not it's great for parts.

Comment

• It's 2 hours away - I'll give it a miss.

last night I welded up the new belt mount and started boxing in the seats and looking at the wiring for the heated seats

Comment

It's 2 hours away - I'll give it a miss.

last night I welded up the new belt mount and started boxing in the seats and looking at the wiring for the heated seats
                              It's only 1hr 35m if you drive over 3000 rpm. Have you loaded / tried the new map yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                                It's only 1hr 35m if you drive over 3000 rpm. Have you loaded / tried the new map yet?
                                Google is wrong on the timings, that drive is always 2 hours+, it's a crap road, filled with white people who have migrated to South Devon to die.

New map? Nope - because MOT due, it's currently running fairly clean.

Comment

Working...
                                X