No announcement yet.

My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many rails are you putting under the double seat?? I remember speaking to unwin a few years ago and they reccomended a minimum of 3 possibly 4 for my 3/4 rock n roll bed

Comment

• Originally posted by lister View Post
      How many rails are you putting under the double seat?? I remember speaking to unwin a few years ago and they reccomended a minimum of 3 possibly 4 for my 3/4 rock n roll bed
      Looks like it'll be 3 under the double seat.

I'm waiting for the man who sells steel to get back from holiday so I worked on the 6 speed conversion tonight.

A big plus on the progress front, adaptor plate bolted to engine, gearbox mounted to adaptor plate. Engine lifted off the vertical mount it has been on for ages and into the horizontal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gearbox1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	268392

However with every high.....

Name:	gearbox2.jpg
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	268393

not apparent from the angle but that cv coupling on the gearbox is about 100mm across from where it should be, the adaptor plate accounts for it being 12mm adrift and it'll swing in as the gearbox swings back toward the bulkhead.

Name:	gearbox3.jpg
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	268394

I have to remove the old mount off the gearbox to allow it to swing in further, it will be tight to the subframe as well - hard to tell until I get it in there. Can probably gain 10mm if I move the engine across the bay and modify the engine mount but there's not much room before the idler pulley hits the chassis rail.

Comment

• Does that mean the position/angle of the gearbox on the adaptor is wrong? So thats 88mm from the nearside OEM driveshaft? How you going to find 88mm?
        Last edited by Activ8; 1 October 2019, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Does that mean the position/angle of the gearbox on the adaptor is wrong? So thats 88mm from the nearside OEM driveshaft? How you going to find 88mm?
          nope the angle on the adaptor plate is perfect.

the gearbox is too wide from the face of the bellhousing to the face off the output cup for N/S driveshaft.

I can shorten the driveshaft, but it has yet to be seen if the CV will then clear the subframe.

It's not over yet.

I was hoping to add 3-8mm to the adaptor plate thickness - that wont happen now.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
            nope the angle on the adaptor plate is perfect.

the gearbox is too wide from the face of the bellhousing to the face off the output cup for N/S driveshaft.

I can shorten the driveshaft, but it has yet to be seen if the CV will then clear the subframe.

It's not over yet.
            I was hoping to add 3-8mm to the adaptor plate thickness - that wont happen now.
            Do you have an 02B gearbox there?
            Whats the measurements on the 02B? Centre of the drive trumpet to the outer bellhousing.
            Wonder if the OAJ or 02S gearboxes would be more suitable?
            Are there subframe differences between the AJT and ACV with the 02G gearbox perhaps?

Comment

Do you have an 02B gearbox there?
              Whats the measurements on the 02B? Centre of the drive trumpet to the outer bellhousing.
              Wonder if the OAJ or 02S gearboxes would be more suitable?
              Are there subframe differences between the AJT and ACV with the 02G gearbox perhaps?
              O2B still on van - sausages has a spare. Could measure that...

Just been looking at the 02S - not much in it.

Dunno about subframe - think not.

Might have a play after work - though I did also promise to roller the sitting room tonight.

Project time has to be kept on the downlow at the mo because I'm should be on project lockdown, especially after my van was spotted completely stripped out (only took 10 days to spot) and questions were asked.

And then more questions were asked as to why I had an engine in my garage on a hoist - that has been sat on the floor for about 2 years now, next to the T4/64 which is hardly inconspicuous.

I don't really get what the problem is, some people de-stress by watching eastenders/bake off/crime dramas - I like to chill out by spending an hour 'tinkering'???? where's the harm, it's not like I'm a golf player.

Comment

• Yes but you're not in view of the gaffer when you're tinkering reg

Sent from the Midlands by pigeon

Comment

• Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
                  Yes but you're not in view of the gaffer when you're tinkering reg

Ah yes, my Mrs calls it "quality time" .... she chooses a TV channel (why? She asks but has a priority list that trumps anything remotely interesting) then nods off about 10.30 half way through her choice(s).

Comment

Ah yes, my Mrs calls it "quality time" .... she chooses a TV channel (why? She asks but has a priority list that trumps anything remotely interesting) then nods off about 10.30 half way through her choice(s).
                    yep this, I wanted to watch Binky as it's only 1 episode every 3 months - but I get a repeat of Vera, fecking Vera! anyone else get burdened with this shite? I thought Poldark was bad but at least there's some buxom eye candy, what has Vera got to offer?

SFA.

Comment

• Yep, we have to sit though Vera.

Comment

• My sympathy to you both.
                        Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                          My sympathy to you both.
                          Seconded, thats low, really low quality TV ..... about on a par with f'in Strictly. If I get the timing right I nip out for the Chinese and get a couple of beers in to null the pain.

Comment

• Wtf. We actually had to Google what Vera was. In fits of laughter [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Fife t4.....hahahahahahahahahahaha. Thanks.hahahahahahah
                              Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• Top totty! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1787]

Comment

Working...
                                X