No announcement yet.

My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not sure at this point how much use 180 spun seats would be? Still good to have the option.

Frames have been to weightwatchers,

Click image for larger version

Name:	weight watchers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	268368

About 4 kg of heafty brackets shed.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      not sure at this point how much use 180 spun seats would be? Still good to have the option.
      I was thinking that you'll fit that tailgate soon and you alway see owners sitting in rear of their vans staring out to sea under the shadow of the tailgate, beer in hand just chilling. Those R&R beds were always to short in the base/leg for me & too upright to sit comfortably...... but with RR seats .... what a great way to relax.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Option B would be better imo.
        If the width of the double rails matched the single (plus another buckle) you could move the single to the nearside.

If the double could share the rh single rail or have its own additional (add-on) to give three floor fixings.

Plus if the rails were equidistant you could also spin them all 180° to face the rear?
        They are equidistant - but I may not be able to fit a centre rail perfectly central, depending how uniform the ribbing is on the van floor - ideally I want to fit to the peaks in the ribbed floor.

It seems spreader plates are redundant, koller just use 30mm washers at the prescribed 100mm between centres mounting points on the rail to satisfy M1 and M2.

edit - wrote this Friday, come into work this morning and it is still sat here waiting to post

Comment

I was thinking that you'll fit that tailgate soon and you alway see owners sitting in rear of their vans staring out to sea under the shadow of the tailgate, beer in hand just chilling. Those R&R beds were always to short in the base/leg for me & too upright to sit comfortably...... but with RR seats .... what a great way to relax.
          Now, that gives me an idea....

Comment

Now, that gives me an idea....
            Let me guess ..... complete removal from the van , fix some "feet" then use as the gazebo sofa?

Love it Reg, hats off mate. Brilliant vision and application.

Comment

They are equidistant - but I may not be able to fit a centre rail perfectly central, depending how uniform the ribbing is on the van floor - ideally I want to fit to the peaks in the ribbed floor.

It seems spreader plates are redundant, koller just use 30mm washers at the prescribed 100mm between centres mounting points on the rail to satisfy M1 and M2.

edit - wrote this Friday, come into work this morning and it is still sat here waiting to post
              30mm washers...... really, engineering washers? What size - just for reference?

Comment

30mm washers...... really, engineering washers? What size - just for reference?
                ermm....... 30mm?

Comment

ermm....... 30mm?
                  How thick?

Comment

How thick?
                    erm 30mm?

Koller M8 Rail Fixing Set - recommended when fitting M8 Low Profile, Surface and T Bolt rails.

The Koller M8 Rail Fixing Set Advantage:

Recommended to meet M1 load floor installations
                    Also suitable for M2 load floor installations
                    Zinc plated for corrosion prevention, each set comprises :

M8 Couuntersunk socket head screw, M8 x 45mm long
                    M8 Nyloc Nut
                    M8 x 30mm diameter washer
                    Last edited by regcheeseman; 30 September 2019, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Those are thick washers! [emoji23]

Sent from the Midlands by pigeon

Comment

erm 30mm?

Koller M8 Rail Fixing Set - recommended when fitting M8 Low Profile, Surface and T Bolt rails.

The Koller M8 Rail Fixing Set Advantage:

Recommended to meet M1 load floor installations
                        Also suitable for M2 load floor installations
                        Zinc plated for corrosion prevention, each set comprises :

M8 Couuntersunk socket head screw, M8 x 45mm long
                        M8 Nyloc Nut
                        M8 x 30mm diameter washer
                        Thank you.
                        What's the difference between M1 & M2 approval? Do you get a TUV type approval certificate from Koller?

Comment

What's the difference between M1 & M2 approval?
                          No idea, I think one allows you to drive to Leeds?

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                          Do you get a TUV type approval certificate from Koller?
                          Approval cert? wouldn't you get that from the installer?

Comment

No idea, I think one allows you to drive to Leeds?
                            I'll have a look later at the Koller site.

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                            Approval cert? wouldn't you get that from the installer?
                            Not in Germany. I'll have a look later at the Koller site.

Comment

• TEST:
                              ECE 14.04 and EEC Directive 76/115 as amended by 96/38/EEC or 2005/41/EEC, to M2 and M1 loads:

M2 load: 13.5kN + (10 x seat mass)
                              M1 load: 27kN + (20 x seat mass)

These rails are therefore compliant with EEC Directive 76/115 (as amended) and / or ISO 10542 / ISO 7176 part 19.

Comment

• So, thats 1376KG for M2 plus the weight of the seats and twice that for M1.....

Plus, ..... Successfully crash tested to ISO 10542 for wheelchairs up to 200kg PLUS passenger.
                                Last edited by Activ8; 30 September 2019, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X