t4 aac 2.0 to 1.9pd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t4 aac 2.0 to 1.9pd

I have a complete vw Sharan 2003 which i owned and spent a load of money on turbo dual mass clutch mutch more I have a1992 T4 aac I was thinking about a conversion any ideas is this possible the sharan gearbox is 6 speed could this be fitted oe am i better just to scrap sharan and forget it maybe convert to gas any help or info appreciated

Hello.
    Welcome.
    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Hello and welcome. They say its a hell of a lot of work.

Comment

Hello welcome and enjoy it here!

If you have the tools and the ability then mostly anything is possible. It may be a stack of work but once done it's done.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

It's basically the same as fitting most 1.8ts, you need to modify the sump, re-angle the oil pickup, make a custom drivers side engine mount.

Six speed box is tricky, you would need custom mounts on gearbox too, and custom driveshaft, and then the driveshaft angle would be nasty (although it has been done). Or an adapter plate between engine and gearbox.

Take a look at the 1.8t howto, it's very similar for the pd

Comment

Just a stab in the T4 Upgrade dark.... but it may be easier to upgrade the petrol with ;

16v head (Audi?)
            turbo & manifolds
            bigger injectors
            exhaust
            5th gear mod on the 02B box

And stay with the petrol?
            Could be cheaper too in the long term?

Comment

great what a quick reply you have def made me think i prefer petrol right enough further thought i think anybody looking for 2003 sharan 6 months mot left most interior removed thanks again guys

Comment

Originally posted by wildrover69 View Post
                great what a quick reply you have def made me think i prefer petrol right enough further thought i think anybody looking for 2003 sharan 6 months mot left most interior removed thanks again guys
                Where are you?
                Post it up in the For Sale section with some pics. If you're stripping it, there's a few on here (S49) or indeed yourself that may want to repurpose the Sharan brakes for a petrol "performance" upgrade.

Comment

If the 2 litre petrol is as we suspect the same block as the early 1.8t couldn't you use the head/manifolds/turbo and wiring from one and leave your block in? Can you tell this has crossed my mind with our 2 litre petrol.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                    If the 2 litre petrol is as we suspect the same block as the early 1.8t couldn't you use the head/manifolds/turbo and wiring from one and leave your block in? Can you tell this has crossed my mind with our 2 litre petrol.
                    Cheaper just to fit the whole 1.8t.

Comment

i am happy with the standard brakes no speed merchant however if any one interested£ 350 buys the whole lot think i will stay with petrol less bother thanks again i stay in fife scotland
                      Last edited by wildrover69; 18 November 2019, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X