X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
    I love a sizzler in the lug hole it’s one of my favourites
    Yep always a winner.

Had a big bleb of molton stick welding drop down my boots, burnt a line down the front of my ankle before it settled on top of my foot and slowly tried to melkt a hole down through my foot. By the time I got my boot off it was sunk well into my flesh and had to run my foot under the tap to cool the lump before I could pick it out. Still got the scar.

Comment

• Been back at the van again over the weekend.
      Not been at it for a while, weather and our trip to VW action.
      Where it sits up at the farm has been getting resurfaced with tarry chippings. So the vans been in Kev's neighbours drive so couldn't work on it there either.
      Pressed on with getting the passenger side wing off. It's bad but not quite as bad as the drivers was.
      Then pressed on with repairs

Another wee bit fabrication

That's as far as I got. Hopefully back at it at the weekend.
      Just back in from A&E getting another bit metal picked out my eye.
      Since the last time I always wear goggles tae! I must've rubbed it in off my hands or sleeve.

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Last edited by fifet4; 21 September 2021, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Haven't gotten much done recently because the weather up here has been pants. Wasn't gonna bother posting so little but there's not much happening on the forum so I thought I'd post anyway. from thisto this. That's it. 2 weekends work

Comment

• Progress is progress Neal keep at it mate. Love the beer cans in amounst the Bilt Hamber tins

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
            Progress is progress Neal keep at it mate. Love the beer cans in amounst the Bilt Hamber tins
            That's my attitude for it Si. Every little bit is a tick off the list. Just Rockstar. (Rocket fuel juice). No beer for me. I don't drink. Saying that, I had a good skelp at the Southern comfort at VW action on the Friday. Didn't even get a hangover which is the reason I usually don't drink!

Comment

• My plan this weekend was to hit the van. Had a late start on Saturday, then big Kev phoned needing a homer done. Hate homers but kev helps me out plenty so done that instead. Sunday the heavens opened. Bloody typical.
              I've had Monday and Tuesday off work. Which let me do van time. I've started doing inner wing repairs on my replacement wing from drugged onions. It's pretty rusty but in better nick than the vans. Plus, I traded it for some wee plumbing jobs he needed done. Win win.
              I left the tubular bit of the wing cos it wasn't rusty and I remember the driver side being a pain to form. So cut the rot out at each side of it.
              Then I made a replacement piece. I really want an anvil or bit railway track for making bits.
              Then I welded it in. I left the weld where I've to create a dimple. I made the dimple by heating it with the blowtorch and battering it with a ball head hammer. I've since watched a YouTube video of a guy making his own dollys. That's definitely the way to go in the future but the hammers done the job. then I replaced the piece to the left of the tube. Cleaned it up and primed all the bits I've worked on. then more shite to cut out the undersideClamped in and welded. I need deeper clamps I've done what I'd say was my best ever weld on the underside piece. About 2 inches lol. Can you guess what bit? Left it at that for now cos Michelle was keeping me company and she was freezing. Pretty cold up here.

Last edited by fifet4; 3 November 2021, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Nice work Neil.
                Are you and the van under cover now?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

• Yes and no Rob. The van still lives outside but it fits inside Big Kev's new workshop. The workshop isn't quite finished yet though and the main work area is still full of wood and table saws etc so no room for the van yet. But there's room for me to do bits and bobs out of the weather

Comment

• Take a win where ever you find it bud?
                    Thought you were buying a big gazebo for cracking the whip and getting a 2022 camp sorted?

Comment

• Yea that was the plan. It's still sitting in my machine mart basket right now.
                      I managed to get a lot of welding done through the spring and summer so i don't think I'll need it so much now. Especially when I can get in the new workshop every now and again. I'm not thinking about windows or spraying till the warm weather next year anyway and the gazebo garage thing wouldn't be big enough for that I don't think.

Comment

• Nice to see some progress Neal, its getting there mate.

Comment

Nice to see some progress Neal, its getting there mate.
                          Hopefully get back at it tomorrow and Friday

Comment

Nice to see some progress Neal, its getting there mate.
                            Top inspiration for us all.
                            Just keep at it and keep progressing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                              Top inspiration for us all.
                              Just keep at it and keep progressing.

Yep, in the little victories that add up.

Comment

• Well I haven't worked on the van since before Christmas. This is what happens if you leave hydrate 80 unpainted in the elements. It's not so obvious in the pic but the whole thing was a dull brown not black like it should. so it got sanded back off. 2 coats of hydrate 80 then paint. my intention was to weld the wing on. Then I thought leave it off, it'll be easier to swap the front outriggers. But on close inspection Im not gonna bother replacing them. They look sound enough. Weather was turning by now, So moved onto front cross member.
                                I'd remembered D9 saying the radiator could stay connected on Jim's cross member thread. Supported by a bucket to take the strain off any hoses. And wrapped up in good old balers twine just incase. this seems to be the worst bit on the cross member. A previous repair. Nae doubt. got the shite cut out. I'm gonna replace the back piece in following pic. But leaving it for now for something to work to. New bit party fabricated Off work today. Van time for me

Comment

Working...
                                X