No announcement yet.

The San Fran Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyes feeling way better today. Had the splinter and rust ring removed at the eye clinic. Had to wear ski goggles driving in to and home from work cos I still can't stand any brightness at all. The doctor said it will be like this for a few days. Si, that ear drum sounds an awful experience. Dont envy you that 1. No sliders, I had a full face mask on but it could have come from anywhere, fingers, hair, hat, who knows? Im gonna buy some wrap round goggles like my ski 1s.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Got a wee bit more sanding done on the chassis today. Followed by 2 coats of hydrate 80. Thought I'd take advantage of getting at bits while the floors out. Back at it tomorrow.

Comment

• More done again today. Taking advantage of the longer nights. I'd asked the WhatsApp group this morning for a size of chassis between the wheel tubs. 1220mm was what I needed. 1 was sitting at 1225 so ratchet strapped it in.
        I've got it to 1222. I can live with that. Some pictures of my welds

And cleaned up you'd hardly know id been there.
        and just for good measure, the jump test. It held up nae bother. Happy with that for this weekend.

Comment

• Been pressing on with the floor. Still not finished. It's like a jigsaw with me trying to keep it looking oem. Ran out of gas again over weekend and my motor factors are shut till Monday. This bottle only lasted 1 weekend. Not long at all. Read full to begin on gauge tho. Gonna check my lines. Finger sander also packed in. Bearings on the finger had it. I've had Michelle cleaning all the previous insulation backing off all panels with steel wool. What a difference it's made. My next challenge is this.

Thought I had nowt more to do than make a wee patch. But after a bit digging with a screwdriver the tinworm runs deep. Gonna have to cut and repair this before I can progress wi the floor.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Just T4s

Comment

• You can buy a corrugated floor repair section and either replace a section or cut repair sections out .

This is what I bought

https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/...or-repair.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
              You can buy a corrugated floor repair section and either replace a section or cut repair sections out .

This is what I bought

https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/...or-repair.html
              Yea got that mate. I've about finished the floor till I hit that last bit rust on the chassis

Comment

• Got the latest chunk of rust cut out last night and a repair patch made. Still to weld it on the van.

Comment

• It's been terrible weather in Fife this weekend. We've had all sorts. Sun rain hail wind snow. That was just today. Still managed to get this bit welded in and fucked about with floor patches some more.

Comment

• Exactly the same weather here Neil .

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                      Exactly the same weather here Neil .
                      Brutal mate. I'm frozen.

Comment

• Been a bizarre day here in Leicesterstan as well. Had to keep running in and out of the rain with the furniture ply. Pain in the arse.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                        #vanlife

Comment

• The shire has swung from bright sun to hail storms then back again.

Comment

• Bit more done today

Comment

• Gonna have same repair to do on the drivers side. Baws!

Comment

• Just been nosing through this thread Fife, fuck me i would of given up , well done keep going, I was getting a little depressed about the small poxy bits i have on my van but after reading through this it's given me a lot of inspiration. Keep it up

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X