Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Is it a good idea to buy used?
    My Russia fighter was 25 years old when the old chap gave it me after it had rebuilt countless jeep body tubs. 3 new torch's and a regulator later and its still shooting English Electric Lightings out of the sky.

Comment

I have those vents for you mate.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
        I have those vents for you mate.
        Excellent mate. I'll pm you.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

I haven't forgot them vents will try and get my arse in gear and post this week...................hopefully.

Comment

I haven't forgot them vents will try and get my arse in gear and post this week...................hopefully.
            No hurry mate. I've kind of abandoned the bus till I can save for a decent welder [emoji20]

Comment

My Russia fighter was 25 years old when the old chap gave it me after it had rebuilt countless jeep body tubs. 3 new torch's and a regulator later and its still shooting English Electric Lightings out of the sky.
              Russian MIG helmet to go with your Russian welder [emoji635]

Comment

Early Christmas present to myself today..

Hope the kids like it cos I'm skint now.

Thanks to Fruitbat and Reg for steering me in the right direction. Just got to get practicing now. It's a gas set up. It comes with co2, is this the correct gas? Or do I need a gas/argon mix? I'm not sure what tip Size it is either. Sure its .6 or .8

View coming into my village on way home from machine mart. The river tay.

Comment

U will have great fun with it argon mix 6 tip [emoji106]

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

As above 0.6mm wire and welding tip , I’d assume their would be a small roll of mig wire with the welder ?

Argon / CO2 mix gas would be best , but use what you have for now , also in time treat yourself to a gas regulator with gauges , similar to the link.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F183982257307

Comment

• I've got a few gas regs, high quality medical grade - yours for £15 posted.

Get a rent free bottle of Coogar (co2 argon mix) it'll cost initially I'm afraid so the kids will have to have bread and water for a bit.

Comment

• Sorry for slow reply guys, I've had a problem with the app for a couple of days where I just get this loading screen when I click on each thread. Even my own. Signals cool and all other apps work fine?? Nippy!

There is a roll of wire inside but not sure if its .6 I'll take the cover off and get a look today.

What's the difference between co2 and co2/argon?

I'll persevere with the gas I got with it for now. I'll take you up on that regulator offer please Reg, I'll send you a pm. I'll have a Google of coogar stocks near me.

Years ago my mate had a "divers" bottle for his airgun, (career 707, Winchester style) we had to get it refilled. I'm sure the bottle was about £100 and 25 a refill but like I said, years ago. Will a coogar bottle be much the same £?

Comment

• Depends on the bottle size , small , medium and large , a medium bottle will be more than big enough .

Have a read through this link , maybe helpful to others too and a Rob loves a good read

https://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-u...es-matter.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by fife t4 new View Post
                            Sorry for slow reply guys, I've had a problem with the app for a couple of days where I just get this loading screen when I click on each thread. Even my own. Signals cool and all other apps work fine?? Nippy!

There is a roll of wire inside but not sure if its .6 I'll take the cover off and get a look today.

I'll persevere with the gas I got with it for now. I'll take you up on that regulator offer please Reg, I'll send you a pm. I'll have a Google of coogar stocks near me.

Years ago my mate had a "divers" bottle for his airgun, (career 707, Winchester style) we had to get it refilled. I'm sure the bottle was about £100 and 25 a refill but like I said, years ago. Will a coogar bottle be much the same £?

I've noticed this too. The app seems to be creating huge cached files that slowly over the course of the day build up to sizes that reduce the available operating memory. Clear the cached memory regularly and close & stop the app when not in use. I've also deleted the Tapatalk app which also creates huge cached data files.

Using the forum through a VPN browser reduces the traffic and cached files.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                              I've noticed this too. The app seems to be creating huge cached files that slowly over the course of the day build up to sizes that reduce the available operating memory. Clear the cached memory regularly and close & stop the app when not in use. I've also deleted the Tapatalk app which also creates huge cached data files.

Using the forum through a VPN browser reduces the traffic and cached files.
                              I've found if I go into each section separately, like general, or build threads it seems to work better than just using the "news feed " I clear all apps before coming on so it's just t4 running but makes no difference. Ive tried using the desktop mobile version via browser but I keep getting my old sign in hassle. It is me, and it is my password!! The slow loading via the app has only started in last couple of days, I'm hoping it just goes away again

Comment

• Originally posted by fife t4 new View Post

I'm sure the bottle was about £100 and 25 a refill but like I said, years ago. Will a coogar bottle be much the same £?
                                You are not allowed to repair cars professionally with CO2 - its a weak weld

I have a 9 litre bottle (i think) - deposit is 90 - 100 and refundable, refils are about £30-40

Comment

Working...
                                X