X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needs another going over

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

You've got to start somewhere, i'm never happy with most of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
        You've got to start somewhere, i'm never happy with most of mind.
        I put a few holes in it. Had to chase them a bit. I think to begin with I was grinding the weld too far back. After that it was a mess. Even Michelle said "is it sposed to look like that"

Comment

Is it gasless mate

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by damont4 View Post
            Is it gasless mate

Yea its gasless

Comment

You'll always get better results with a gas mig.

Comment

My dad bought a gasless and I had ago with it and jesus it looked a right mess haha what u have accomplished on your first attempt is a great start in my opinion but I do think using gas is a lot neater but that might just be cuz that's what I'm used to keep practicing and ule get there
                Good thing about it is if its shit just cut it out and start again [emoji106]

Comment

I’m not being funny , but you seriously need to get a better welder , with the amount of welding you will be doing ,you need something half decent , you can buy second hand or new depending on your budget but you defiantly need something better than what you have .

You won’t get a decent weld / penetration otherwise . If there’s a machine mart near you ,take a look at the Clarke welders they have , or a local motor factors will stock Sealey mig welders , Jasic , Cebora ect , your looking at something 130 amp upwards and Gas ,not gasless .

Also get your self an auto darkening welding helmet and don’t bother with the disposable gas bottles , it will work out cheaper buying a medium size gas bottle from your motor factors , basically you buy the bottle + gas to begin with and then take the empty bottle back to exchange for a full gas bottle , the second time you bring the bottle back you only pay for the gas .

Comment

Fuck is it that bad haha [emoji51]. Thanks damont4 for kind words. And like you said I think I'll cut it back and start again.

Fruitbat you've freaked me out again but I'm appreciating the advice.

I only bought that welder cos someone on the other forum and someone on YouTube had said they had welded their t4s with it. The other forum guy had been doing similar repair pieces to what I'd be doing. When I seen it for 50 bucks on gumtree I thought I'd have it. But if your reckoning it's not up to the job I maybe shouldn't have bothered. a gas 1 seems to be the way forward. Is my welder just not neat enough ?? Slag an that, (prob my welding) or is the welder just shit?? Not penetrating enough. I've got it set on the lowest setting the now cos I'm fairt I burn holes.. is this wrong?

I bought an auto darkening helmet out screwfix for £30 when I got the welder. It seems to do the job. How much ish for a new / second hand gas mig?? And could I keep going wi mine till I can afford 1?

Comment

No harm in keep practicing mate get some scrap metal the same thickness your welding and just spend your time messing with the settings and try different techniques just make sure all the metal is clean first
                      Some gasless can also be run on gas not sure if yours will but worth a look

Comment

Originally posted by damont4 View Post
                        No harm in keep practicing mate get some scrap metal the same thickness your welding and just spend your time messing with the settings and try different techniques just make sure all the metal is clean first
                        Some gasless can also be run on gas not sure if yours will but worth a look

I'll keep practicing. 1 step forward. 2 steps back. It's all a learning curve for me

Comment

Fruitbat, is this more like it?. Comes with a bottle.

Please view this ad:

Mig welder ,
                          https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/m...nt=app_android

Price: £ 130

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
                          https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...umtree.android

Comment

That’s not great but better than what you have , something along these lines .

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F133197900563

A nice unit

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F283626413866

Machine mart

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/151te-turbo-mig-welder/

Finance available on the machine mart website
                            Last edited by Fruitbat; 17 October 2019, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Thanks mate. Looking at that I'd better get saving. I suppose it's an investment really

Comment

These are also within driving distance from me both clarkes

Please view this ad:

Clarke 150TE MIG Welder,
                                https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/c...nt=app_android

Price: £ 200

Please view this ad:

Clarke mig 135TE turbo,
                                https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/c...nt=app_android

Price: £ 200

Comment

Working...
                                X