T4 with a T4 plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do they fit?
    Do you just remove the towball and bolt the bike carrier to the face plate.
    Would someone show the mechanism fixing with a picture or two?

I've got a Fiamma 2 bike carrier for the barn doors and it's simply not up to scratch with large/xl framed MTB's.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• No it fits on to the actual towball. It’s got a lever which clamps around the ball and then mine has an extra ‘dial’ to tighten it up properly.

Comment

• Quick couple of days ‘working from home’ last week in wales.
        First night spent here:

Black rock sands for the morning:

Up the road for a quick hike:

Barmouth for fish n chips:

Looks like the waterfront took a bit of a battering:

Then back to my favourite spot for the evening.

The next day we had a big lie in, and then popped up the road to coed y brenin for some riding. Was absolutely stunning weather. Felt fantastic to ride around in a t shirt and shorts.

For our final night we popped back down to black rock sands - tbh I wouldn’t recommend it for an overnight as lots of people coming onto the beach to do donuts and stuff - it was quite entertaining when a police car snuck up on a couple of them however.

Nice morning though! All in another faultless weekend in the van.

Comment

• Fantastic , a beach, a T4 and no one else it site. If things get really bad I may park ours in one of the shire's dark woods away from people.

Comment

• Great to see photos of you enjoying the van.

Comment

• Small improvements.

Comment

• Swapped the drivers seat today, here’s the old one:

Picked up this one off a mate who swapped his out ages ago. Bit grubby but it was free.

Gave it a scrub with some elbow grease and warm soapy water and fitted it. Didn’t get a pic of it clean outside the vehicle but here’s some fitted. Much comfier than the outgoing one.

It is still a little damp round the edges as you can see.

Small improvements

Comment

• Originally posted by tenburner View Post
                  Swapped the drivers seat today, here’s the old one:

Picked up this one off a mate who swapped his out ages ago. Bit grubby but it was free.

Gave it a scrub with some elbow grease and warm soapy water and fitted it. Didn’t get a pic of it clean outside the vehicle but here’s some fitted. Much comfier than the outgoing one.

It is still a little damp round the edges as you can see.

Small improvements
                  Looks like the original seat back is better on one and the seat base better on the other, did you mix and match to get the best seat?
                  FYI other VAG seat bases and backs (either as component rebuilds or as complete pads with a little deconstruction work) of the same era can be fitted to the vans seat frame. A different VAG headrest can transform the seat appearance too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post

Looks like the original seat back is better on one and the seat base better on the other, did you mix and match to get the best seat?
                    FYI other VAG seat bases and backs (either as component rebuilds or as complete pads with a little deconstruction work) of the same era can be fitted to the vans seat frame. A different VAG headrest can transform the seat appearance too.
                    6 and 1/2 a dozen so I didn’t bother, I did have to steal the bolts off the old one to hold the seat base down on the new one so yeah it would’ve been easy to swap but probably not worth

Comment

• Seat is a big improvement, is that seat belt not as bad as it looks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Skiddy View Post
                        Seat is a big improvement, is that seat belt not as bad as it looks?
                        The seatbelt is as bad as it looks

Comment

• Ah ok right, I didn't expect you to say that

Comment

• When it fails the mot for the belt tell them you don't use it. Its another of the sort of thing I used to hear all the time.
                            Last edited by S49; 31 March 2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              When it fails the mot for the belt tell you don't use it. Its another of the sort of thing I used to hear all the time.
                              Haha yes true

That belt doesn't look totally buggered to me

For reference this is a pass and advise (not saying I agree)

Click image for larger version

Name:	belt 1.png
Views:	146
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	291868

and this is a fail! (I agree on this one)

Click image for larger version

Name:	belt fail.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	773.0 KB
ID:	291869

Comment

• I've known people burn the fray with a ciggy lighter but I wasn't going to advice tenburner to do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X