No announcement yet.

T4 with a T4 plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big weekend away In the van since Friday. Up in north wales. Went up Friday night stayed in a spot just outside Ffestiniog, was super foggy when we rolled in but got some dinner on and watched some Netflix

Was a little cold but a quick blast of the heater was enough to keep it warm overnight. Woke up in the morning to this:

Spot the van!
    Got brekkie on and a cuppa:

Then off to antur stiniog for an uplift day, picked up a new bike last week so was good to get a test run in!
    Made use of the portable jet washer to clean it off. Quick shower at the MTB centre for a quid and then back into Ffestiniog, couple of pints at the pub and then picked up a Chinese takeaway! Drove up to the next spot, enjoyed sitting round the fire with a few neighbours and a few too many beers. Turned out we were parked up at an old artillery firing range. Was cool to have a walk round and we were right near a lovely river with a fair few waterfalls!

Then we popped up the road to the Marin trial, good pedal about and nice views:

Then packed up and cleaned the bikes again, went up to betws y coed did a wee bit of “Greenlaning” scoping out a few potential spots for next time!

And that’s it. Cracking weekend, ticked over 150k on the van on the way back. Van was absolutely faultless!

Comment

• That's what it's all about. Thanks for sharing.
      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Great pics

Comment

• Fantastic. Thanks for sharing and celebrating T4 ownership!

Comment

• Looks like a great weekend. Nice baby dam you went over too. A certain stretch of coast is calling me already and we aren't outta January yet.

Comment

• Great pics and one of my favourite places in the uk

Comment

• Thanks all for your kind words!

Work on the van never stops however, tonight got the curtain wire hung up, plan at the minute is to use magnets to tension it at the top of the curve of the roof.

Comment

• Some lights under the counter

Comment

• Mattress arrived a few days ago, chucked it in tonight. Two parts, when it’s a double bed pulls out a bit more and you can pop the backrest one down. Feels pretty good to me but a night in the van will tell all.

Comment

• The fuel gauge saga continues. First I checked the connections behind the dash which were absolutely pristine. Then today replaced the fuel sender unit which I thought had worked but nope still the same. Running out of ideas - as far as I’ve read it’s only the pre 96 dashes that need re-soldering?

Comment

• Originally posted by tenburner View Post
                        The fuel gauge saga continues. First I checked the connections behind the dash which were absolutely pristine. Then today replaced the fuel sender unit which I thought had worked but nope still the same. Running out of ideas - as far as I’ve read it’s only the pre 96 dashes that need re-soldering?
                        I think the wires on the back of the alternator can affect the fuel gauge

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by spedwing View Post

I think the wires on the back of the alternator can affect the fuel gauge

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                          They affect oil pressure and revcounter - but not fuel.gauge.

Could be a broken dash membrane or the dash rectifier - any other instruments affected?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

They affect oil pressure and revcounter - but not fuel.gauge.

Could be a broken dash membrane or the dash rectifier - any other instruments affected?
                            Nope, all the other instruments work as they should.

Comment

• Little bit done on the van today - first up was the sliding door ply. Original was damaged but I’m tight so instead of getting a new panel I cut off the damaged end and cut a new section out of the ply that came off to fit the window. Painted them and stuck them on, will add a bit of filler if/when I get round to it.

Then a built this little folding table. Annoyingly I ran out of the little hooks so have ordered some more to do the support wire on the other side. Pretty simple design but is just for putting your phone / your cuppa on. Needs painting also.
                              Anyways van looks better for having the insulation covered on the sliding door now. Only really got to cover the corners and wheel arch now.

Comment

• Getting there now, keep it up.
                                Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Working...
                                X