Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    All good then.

When you get round to the arch repair proper - would you take a picture of the arch, just to see how the repair lasted.

You will need new metal in there - or just cover it all up with a set of those smart looking chrome arch covers.
    That will make any rot that will develop develop a lot faster!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      All good then.

When you get round to the arch repair proper - would you take a picture of the arch, just to see how the repair lasted.

You will need new metal in there - or just cover it all up with a set of those smart looking chrome arch covers.
      Aye, I’m interested to see how long it will take for rust to show through the paint again too so will keep people posted.

Sound deadening kit arriving tomorrow

Shropshireeeeeee

Comment

Okay so sound deadening is in. Filled a few holes where the previous owner had put screws straight through the wheel arches for the ply lining. Not had the chance to drive it yet but it’s passed the knocking test.

Before

During

After lol.

Not pictured but also installed the sound deadening stuff on the doors. I also filled the hole above the barn door latch where some scrote had gone through it to break into it in the past. Not neat but does the job.

Thermal insulation next!

Shropshireeeeeee

Comment

Top job [emoji106]

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

Insulation going in

Shropshireeeeeee

Comment

Keep pushing on while you have the buzz, you can always go back over stuff and tidy it up and tweak it.
              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Reminds me of when I did mine , I insulated it and carpeted in autum / winter

Comment

Okay drivers side and floor insulated. Floor reinstalled. I was good with taking photos at the start but then we were just pushing on. So no photos at the end sadly. Floor was in good nick couple of rust spots that were grinded back and painted but nothing too troublesome.

Also installed new door sensors which is probably the best thing I’ve done so far as it now beeps at me if I’ve left the lights on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6019.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	268469
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6028.jpg
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	268470Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6029.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	268471

Pushing onwards!

Shropshireeeeeee

Comment

You need a haircut buddy. Finish the van first though. Keep the pictures coming please, we need some more good build threads on here, more so in winter.

Comment

Haha, thats my mate - i'll let him know

In other news i drove the van to work this morning for the first time since doing the sound insulation. Makes an unbelievable difference!
                      Last edited by tenburner; 10 October 2019, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Good progress mate, keep it up [emoji1690]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Just T4s

Comment

Love the way you are doing it, gonna be proper snug in there 🤙🏽

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                            You need a haircut buddy. Finish the van first though. Keep the pictures coming please, we need some more good build threads on here, more so in winter.
                            There would be plenty of build thread photos if they will let me have another van!

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              There would be plenty of build thread photos if they will let me have another van!
                              Get yourself a works Doka Si. Dump the S49 trailor & towing scrap, a simple Doka (rebadged Apple Soka) fitted with a large toolbox / fridge, cider press, winch and stowed towing dolly. Get it in red with some real tattoo styled artwork on the bonnet then you'd have a 'set' of T4s.

Comment

Sold. Go get one Si

Comment

Working...
                                X