Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one [emoji106]
    Originally posted by qtronix View Post
    moved the bumper back about an inch and a half. not fitting the side mounts onto it yet. still need to line it all up.
    i had to cut down the panel support and cut the bumper to fit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13074[/ATTACH]
    Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

moved the bumper back about an inch and a half. not fitting the side mounts onto it yet. still need to line it all up.
      i had to cut down the panel support and cut the bumper to fit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13074[/ATTACH]
      Smooth as Fook, love it [emoji1317]

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

Comment

Did you chop the cross member?

Does look good, subtle yet oem. How will you manage the edge with the arches?

Comment

yeah i had to chop the cross member back as far as i could. and notch the bottom of it out a bit, the ends where theres 2 bolts each side holding it on i had to cut the corners off aswell and redrill 2 more holes up a bit.
          because it moved back i had to move it up aswell i think about 20mm to close the gap.
          i just cut the bumper with a jigsaw. because i moved it back i had to cut i think it was 30mm out each side then plastic weld the bumper back together.
          i used the zigzag wire things that you melt in to the plastic strength. but i am going to put a thin layer of fiberglass on the back just incase.
          i have to take the bumper back off so will take a pick.

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
          Did you chop the cross member?

Does look good, subtle yet oem. How will you manage the edge with the arches?

Comment

Something original, can't say that often with t4s
            Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
              Something original, can't say that often with t4s
              It's a cracking fit based on that photo too, the crisp sharp early bumper edge runs lovely around the front bodywork panels and wing. Love to see a little more....

Comment

this is the front panel.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190718_130918.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	267754

bumper only welded on the back.

Name:	IMG_20190718_121110.jpg
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	267755

welded on the front.

Name:	IMG_20190718_130816.jpg
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	267756

fitted to van with a quick sand.

Name:	IMG_20190718_161236.jpg
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	267757

Comment

this is the front panel.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]13078[/ATTACH]

bumper only welded on the back.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]13079[/ATTACH]

welded on the front.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]13080[/ATTACH]

fitted to van with a quick sand.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]13081[/ATTACH]
                  Class Work 🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽

Comment

Watch out they'll all want one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Watch out they'll all want one of those.
                      I already do [emoji23]

Comment

thanks guys. i had to use my old phone to take the pics as i dropped my good phone and cracked the screen so the pics are not the best. it was more messing about then i thought it was going to be.
                        i had to trim the top of the sides to get it to pull up more as there is a plastic lip thing on top of the bumper. i just hope it looks ok when painted.
                        i cut the bottom light indent things out aswell as who ever fit the bumper cut some holes for the tow eye with a bread knife lol
                        i plan on making a jig to press some black mesh so it fits flush with the bumper. will help when i mount the oil cooler behind it aswell.
                        with the 14mm pump and the mods. this thing sounds awesome when on tickover.
                        i am thinking of doing away with the turbo and sticking one big supercharger of 2 small ones on it.
                        just revving the thing the neighbour come out to see what it was lol.

Comment

thanks guys. i had to use my old phone to take the pics as i dropped my good phone and cracked the screen so the pics are not the best. it was more messing about then i thought it was going to be.
                          i had to trim the top of the sides to get it to pull up more as there is a plastic lip thing on top of the bumper. i just hope it looks ok when painted.
                          i cut the bottom light indent things out aswell as who ever fit the bumper cut some holes for the tow eye with a bread knife lol
                          i plan on making a jig to press some black mesh so it fits flush with the bumper. will help when i mount the oil cooler behind it aswell.
                          with the 14mm pump and the mods. this thing sounds awesome when on tickover.
                          i am thinking of doing away with the turbo and sticking one big supercharger of 2 small ones on it.
                          just revving the thing the neighbour come out to see what it was lol.
                          OMG that so needs a YouTube Video link 🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽

Comment

... this thing sounds awesome when on tickover.
                            Define 'awesome' , cos with a big pump head I'm thinking it'll sound even worse than the clacky 2.4.

Vid would be good, but diesels rarely sound good on a phone as the mic's frequency response (or lack of) make things sound much worse.
                            Last edited by Activ8; 19 July 2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Where did you find a 14mm pumphead for a 1.9? What injectors have you installed / planned?
                              Keep up the good work.

Comment

thanks guys i will get a vid up but at the moment all the fuel system has been ripped out and waiting on the parts from china for a twin spin on filter system and an lines.
                                i had to run it off a bottle for now. the pump is a bit more clacky then the standard one but not by much lol. even tho my misses come out side from the living room to tell me it sounds like shit pmsl.
                                i have a new inline pump coming in a couple of weeks anyway so i will have a lot more control over fuel.

Comment

Working...
                                X