Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

red rusty bus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Lots of work gone into that mate...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • #17
      Looking forward to this

      Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

      Comment


      • #18
        This should be good.

        More pictures please.
        Me cago en la madre que te parió!

        Comment


        • #19
          The welding alone reads like it should have an OP of its own ....
          Last edited by Activ8; 28th June 2019, 12:05 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            forgot to mention about the gt35 it just sounds better when you say supercharged.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by qtronix View Post
              forgot to mention about the gt35 it just sounds better when you say supercharged.
              Not to me.... they're energy sapping with limitations on a diesel. Thats a big SC for a litte 'ol 1.9! I did some calcs on running a supercharger/turbo combo on the 2.5tdi. Dumping the vans aircon compressor to replace it with a supercharger feeding a GT28 or similar and I couldn't get the numbers to stack up compared to a single turbo config.

              What did work well (in theory) was the way it could all sit in the engine bay with the ICs.
              Last edited by Activ8; 28th June 2019, 05:17 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                preping the van to paint it. noticed cracking in the paint on the sliding door, this is what i found after using the angle grinder to take some of it off. this door was straight but with cracks before this.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	van resize.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	267635

                Comment


                • #23
                  Holy shit mate is that a shed load of filler
                  Originally posted by qtronix View Post
                  preping the van to paint it. noticed cracking in the paint on the sliding door, this is what i found after using the angle grinder to take some of it off. this door was straight but with cracks before this.

                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]12923[/ATTACH]
                  Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Looks full of isopon to me.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      yeah must of been an inch thick in some places, thats still not all off.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        started cutting the hole in the van for the side exit exhaust and fml. must be 8mm filler on this panel aswell.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	resize exhaust hole.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	267637

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by qtronix View Post
                          started cutting the hole in the van for the side exit exhaust and fml. must be 8mm filler on this panel aswell.

                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]12931[/ATTACH]
                          But once you have it done it’s gonna be All Thriller No Filler I’m Sure 🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽


                          T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            so i got most of the engine back together now, i had to rebuild the fuel pump into my old housing, so put it all back on the van and would not start.
                            thought it was me building the pump back up so i stripped it all back down but it was all good.
                            gave it a bit of wd40 to get it firing and then it started up but i had to stop it straight away as this happened.
                            it sucked up a load of shit from the fuel filter or bad pipes. tank is clean i checked it
                            gonna order new fuel lines and a remote filter housing with spin on filters.

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190715_152707.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	267739

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190715_152715.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	267740

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by qtronix View Post
                              so i got most of the engine back together now, i had to rebuild the fuel pump into my old housing, so put it all back on the van and would not start.
                              thought it was me building the pump back up so i stripped it all back down but it was all good.
                              gave it a bit of wd40 to get it firing and then it started up but i had to stop it straight away as this happened.
                              it sucked up a load of shit from the fuel filter or bad pipes. tank is clean i checked it
                              gonna order new fuel lines and a remote filter housing with spin on filters.

                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]13061[/ATTACH]

                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]13062[/ATTACH]
                              I love your Efforts and Enthusiasm 🤙🏽[emoji1317][emoji1317]🤙🏽


                              T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                moved the bumper back about an inch and a half. not fitting the side mounts onto it yet. still need to line it all up.
                                i had to cut down the panel support and cut the bumper to fit.


                                Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	267750

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X